Barkston Heath Saturday 25th June

Guest John Walton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ace Fettler

Hi Everybody,

Looks like James in his R4 is going to be the man to "out style" again this year then. :D

The "Bristol Massive" have booked in at Woodland Waters for the Friday and Saturday night. As always all are welcome to join us for a small libation or three and tales of daring do.

Cheers for now

Richard

Guest Ace Fettler

Hi John,

That R4 beast is damn "stylish" just parked up never mind when its on track. :D

Ive just sent a reminder to the other "massive" members ................... If they wana play they gotta pay!

Richard

Hi,

James (Cloudy) told me about this event and it looks great fun!

Count me in if possible! :) Apparently 3 wheelers are not allowed will this be a problem? :D

trophy.jpg

Look forward to meeting you all.

Ed

Guest John Walton

Ed,

A car that starts the day with 4 wheels is a good idea. OK, it is a requirement.

A rare and frowned upon technique is to end your day with none of your wheels touching the black stuff.

See Andy 'Roller' Rowles for details.

For attempting to swim you car home see Dave 'Biggles' Tilson (only seasoned Barkston veterans may be aware of this man with the ability to fly a 3A) :clapping:

Hi John,

my grandson has asked to come along...if he does can he come as a passenger on the circuit? With all the right safety equipment obviously.

He is 13, but is taller than me, & comes out regularly with me for "spirited" runs in the Hood. He also crews with us on Rays Vette, so he's not easily scared..! Theres a challenge...

Cheers, Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Walton

Previos two posts deleted.

Ace and Marsbar contact me for details.

Motorsport can indeed be dangerous. :mellow:

Circuit racing in particular where some incidents are really not a drivers fault (other drivers taking you out) :girl_devil:

Sprinting at Barkston is another matter.

There are no dangerous tracks, just tracks driven on by drivers who have there ambition cut short by a lack of talent at a crucial moment.

Andy did indeed come unstuck at the sharp right hander, as did Nigel.

Both incidents where predicted by the watching marshalls by observing the 'attitude of the car prior to the corner.

ie both were 'out of shape before the corner but both drivers decided to try and make the corner. :glare:

Yet.......

There is a perfectly good escape road placed just for the purpose of helping the over enthusiastic on approach to that corner should a driver care to take it. :blink:

If in doubt, find me on the day.

Most importantly, keep it on the black stuff and end the day with an enormous smile :rofl:

As with any arena where cars of any ilk is driven at speed there will be incidents, it is the nature of the beast, but Barkston Heath is one of the safest places I have driven. :drinks: