Mini Wipers Meeting In The Middle

nigelt

Hi Guys,

I have been following the views on the site regards to using the Mini wiper motor etc and have fitted mine to meet in the middle. However, they more than meet in the middle, they cross over by an inch or two. I have shortend the arms etc and they park nicely at the bottom of the screen. The motor is marked up as 110 deg which is probably the reason for the crossover. My question is has anyone else had this issue and how did they get around it. :wacko:

Oh and if you ever need to replace the piping because its to long/short, 8mm copper gas pipe works a treat.

Thanks

Nige

2 ways of correcting this

1 buy the correct 90 degree box (seemed expensive to me)

2 take the motor apart, and move the pivot on the final wheel in a little bit (it then pushes the cable a smaller ammount)

its a bit hit and miss to get right, but does work (as long as you can weld)

If your wipers only just meet in the middle (both park central) does this not leave a large unswept "V" in the centre of the screen?

Thanks for that Dave, I thought that might be the case. I will have to break out the welder.

At the moment Florin I get a sort of "X". If I get the angles right then I should end up with something close to "||". I reckon on something like almost touching at the top and about an inch or to appart at the bottom, due ro the fact that the wiper blades are longer at the top than at the bottom.

Thanks again guys

Nige

I bent the arms so that they meet perfectly in the middle. They are almost but not quite square along the bottom when parked . It was all about the length of the arms.

Using land rover long shaftedwheelboxes can increase the angle from the scuttle and make the wipe easier.

Graham B