Fuel Pump Inertia Switch

femster87

Femi,

Go on ebay and look for "peugeot fuel cut off switch" usually loads on there, fit it to your fuel pump relay trigger wire as that has the least amps running through it, If you put it in the live feed to the pump you may have a fire, the switches are on ly meant for trigger loads.

P.s, did you get the brake lines?

Dave

The standard pinto efi cut-off switch sits in the main fuel pump feed in the spare wheel well and is quite capable of handling the current. Most ford cut offs I've come across just sit in the main feed not the switch to the relay. Renault also have them in the main feed and I'm sure early 3series beemers had the same. I have also seen some that if the airbags have deployed then the pump wont run. By all means use it to stop the fuel pump supply relay but I'm sure its not neccesary.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve8274

did you manage to wire the switch up?

if so how, i have acquired one from a mk3 mondeo but unsure how to wire in. has 2 plugs. does it just go in line with fuel pump feed?

also, are these required for iva? using a cvh engine with bike carbs and bike fuel pump.

thanks

steve

did you manage to wire the switch up?

if so how, i have acquired one from a mk3 mondeo but unsure how to wire in. has 2 plugs. does it just go in line with fuel pump feed?

also, are these required for iva? using a cvh engine with bike carbs and bike fuel pump.

thanks

steve

Only required for injection Steve due to the high pressures. :friends:

Nige2e mate, I got 2 today, one from a MK1 mondeo and the other from MK2. Any information as to how u wired yours up? thanks

Sorry Femster,

Seem to have missed this one. There are three connections to the switch, a common, NO and NC. I just used some smaller spade terminals to connect it up. Using the middle pin and one of the outer ones which should be Normaly Closed. I have mounted mine on the big triangular plate that fills in the gap just behind the battery on the passenger side. Similar to where it was on the Mondeo. I must admit I haven't used a relay. It is just inline with the pump. Might change that before I go for IVA.

Let me know if a picture will help and I will try and get that sorted.

Nige