Chrome Light

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Hi

Iv had a few hours today working on my 2B sorting out the electric what a mess they are but thats a different story. I noticed my chrome lights have dots of rust all round them more the drivers side light than the passanger. Anyone got any tips on how to remove this rust?

Thanks

Guest The Modfather

Hi

Iv had a few hours today working on my 2B sorting out the electric what a mess they are but thats a different story. I noticed my chrome lights have dots of rust all round them more the drivers side light than the passanger. Anyone got any tips on how to remove this rust?

Thanks

Metal polish like Autosol or Belgom but if it is there then it will only get bigger with age. Polishing will only reduce it down and remove the outer edge of the rust, ie surface rust but not the "anchor" point of the rust.

Belgom leaves a protective coating, Autosol doesn't. If you store your car over winter I suggest spraying the headlight chrome in WD40 and wipe it over, same with any chrome.

Most chrome lights are sadly chrome over steel, which will rust eventually. Chrome over brass is best but no one to my mind makes lamps with brass.

Daz

Guest The Modfather

I found a pair of 7" shells, with rims, £17.99 on Ebay last night. I have a pair that I have rubbed down and will paint them matt black when it's warmer. I have the 5 3/4" chrome ones on at the mo, but think they're too small. I like the larger lamps, and the cables run inside the mounting bolt, rather than through cheap nasty shower conduit!

Daz