A Great Day

Guest gdc

so i went to work this morning to earn an honest crust , i returned 4.5 hours later to find i had been robbed .

misses went out at 1.07pm acording to the cctv , the robbers crashed the electric gates at 1.43.

totally blswackd the gates and the rams £1000. down so far .

cctv captured the 3 scrotes in hoodies , no not the bear .and the van with its no plate taped off .

they wanted copper , i buy my fittings in bulk cos the cost is better just restocked with arround £2000

worth of fittings , they are gone as are 2 boilers and some tube . prob £5000 in total cost .

copper is at £3700 per ton at the mo scrap , i recon they prob got arround £400 for it , but its cost me a lot more.

i reported the incident to plod , i informed them of the cctv and asked if plod could attend and view cctv .

i was told by lady on phone that as they were wearing hoods and had blanked no plate , the case would be filled .

i rang again and was told it had been filled. i was insenced , my misses came home and after short prese

went to local plod shop , the sargent there is known to us and instructed soco to attend . they did and we found out the same van and 3 guys had done several jobs , but there was no cctv up to now .cctv to be downloaded tomorrow and sent to the video enhancement centre, we will see whant they can find .

local plod brill , soco brill . phone responce crap .

this is the second time in 6 months we have been done , the restock hasnt even been payed for yet .

gutted

took 7 minutes.to do

graham

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers dan , got the house for sale , so i dont want to make a fuss poss frighten of a buyer ,

dont know what else to do .

graham

Shoot the pikey tw4ts Dad.... they reckon they live free and easy lives tax free so who'd miss em' :aggressive: :aggressive:

or wire up the locks on the sheds to the mains, preferably 3 phase, 440v.

And also, you should of said to the plod that your CCTV also caught them @ 3mph over the speed limit as they left your premises

You'd of had forensics and CID there within seconds of a sniff at another donation to the civil service peension fund.

Hi Graham

Sorry to hear this - and even sorrier to hear about the p**s poor service you received from the call-taker. The job should have been deployed to. Maybe the CCTV won't show identifiable faces but this gang has struck before and that all that copper is going somewhere. Round here we'd have sent a unit to you, plus SOCO but my team would have been round the local scrappies and using their powers to enter and inspect records would have at least given it a run.... makes my blood boil when I hear stories of crimes being 'written off' by call-takers with no knowledge, experience or even training in the investigation of crime. <_<

This is still a high-value theft (don't need to tell you that) so it warrants a proper investigation. Maybe they taped off the registration marks when they approached your home, but they wouldn't have risked a longer drive with the marks concealed - it would be worth doing a CCTV trawl locally, particularly if the van is linked to other crimes. Some CCTV system somewhere will have the registration marks - once the police have got that we can upload it onto the ANPR database so that the van 'pings' any camera on the network. After that we just sit back and wait for the motorway bods to reel it in and enjoy the moment.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. ;)

Rich

And also, you should of said to the plod that your CCTV also caught them @ 3mph over the speed limit as they left your premises

You'd of had forensics and CID there within seconds of a sniff at another donation to the civil service peension fund.

That's a bit unnecessary and frankly a tad offensive mate. Not been a good day for us. (Although in fairness not as bad as Grahams). <_<

cheers rich . i was hoping you would respond , so *bleep* off cos it took so much to get some help .

i said out buildings , i should have said garage , as its classed as part of the house.

its crap rich , and i am in no way having a go at you . termiminology mmmm seems a bit harsh.

i have been roobed and i have lost arround £5000 worth of gear and brocken bits , i am skint i have no work because of the economic climate , and i am still sufering , i amm *bleep* .

graham

Guest mikebloomfield

Bloody Hell Graham - sorry to here that.

At least you and the family are OK. Hope they catch the idiots before they strike again.

Mike

cheers rich . i was hoping you would respond , so *bleep* off cos it took so much to get some help .

i said out buildings , i should have said garage , as its classed as part of the house.

its crap rich , and i am in no way having a go at you . termiminology mmmm seems a bit harsh.

i have been roobed and i have lost arround £5000 worth of gear and brocken bits , i am skint i have no work because of the economic climate , and i am still sufering , i amm *bleep* .

graham

It does make a difference mate. If it's an 'outbuilding' (like a garden shed) it's a 'non-dwelling' burglary. Unlikely to attract the interest of CID. However if the garage/building is integral to the house then it becomes a 'Dwelling' burglary - different kettle of fish and usually the DCI is held to account over the volume and detection rates for this type of offence. However as far as I am concerned this isn't a 'shed break' where an old bike and a strimmer are nicked - this is a professional, targeted and high-value theft. Nuff said!

.....usually the DCI is held to account over the volume and detection rates for this type of offence.

Not a personnal attack Enforcer, far from it mate, but the above comment does seem to steer toward

saying crimes are investigated to suit a set of targets? ;)

Not a personnal attack Enforcer, far from it mate, but the above comment does seem to steer toward

saying crimes are investigated to suit a set of targets? ;)

Can't deny that ... targets set by guess who?...

Hi Graham,

Sorry to read what has happened, the baskets :aggressive: must have been watching your place for sometime to know were you keep your stock and when everyone was out of the house. Seen any strange cars or vans parked up in your area?

Keep your chin up mate they will get there comeuppance in the end

Chris