A Great Day

Guest gdc

It's of no comfort to you that the insurance company MAY claim that your business material storage increased the risk to your premises & they were not notified; so premium charged did not cover this extra risk. We lost a shed full of tools; tools were not insured; ins.co. refused repair of building as they didn't know high value goods were stored inside, thus making the burglary more likely & risk (and premium cost) to be covered higher.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oddsocks

Sorry to hear about your break in graham. The thing with the law is if you had caught them and given them what the deserve then you would end up in prison and they would get compo off you!!

I know it does help but likely you wife was out and none of your family was hurt-i know wot the building trade is like at the mo so i feel for you. Hope you get something back from insurance-anything is better than nothing i guess. And at least they didnt take your zero-not much consulation tho but that would have really have topped it off.

All the best

Jamie

we are happy that because we live in a dwelling not an industrial unit we arnt going to get payed ouy

for the loss of the gear .

but the biggest prob is we cant get in touch with the insurance co , to make a claim for the damage and the biggest

thing is the electric gates .

0845 nos 3 days now trying over a period of 15 mins at a time , its a piss take .

still no contact , spoken to the broker today to see if he can help.

plus the additional expence of the extra locks and hardware .

plod was here today to collect the cctv . the total loss is arround £7500

with the damage and loss of gear ,i have just celebrated my 30th year in buisness

its the worst year i have ever had in thoes 30 years . ready to quit and go on the dole .

thought i would add

local plod excelent the reporting procedure is crap though. if you dont fall into a certain area then its filled no action .

its a crappy situation to be in , i pay tax i am an employer as well . i think i deserve some action . 30 years in buisness 30 years of tax and vat .

and nothing back .

shamefull

Bloody hell Graham, just got back and read this, really sorry to hear about this.

The scrotes need the red hot poker treatment - not that the political correctness brigade will ever let that happen though.

Thankfully you and the missus are ok and they didn't get the cars.

Hope that the tw*ts are caught.

Al

cheers thankfull that the good lady had taken daughter to hospital for a check up and not just poped to the shops , god only knows what might have happened if she had arrived back as this was going on .

graham

ps its only money,family is more important glad their safe .