Merc Shaped Imprint.

Guest cerioli_83

Guest cerioli_83

Hello everyone,

Hope there's someone able to offer help and advice.

I stopped at a red light and had a very nice guy decide to give my car a new feature, a nice imprint of the front of his car! He then decided to go crazy at me for stopping at a red light...

Merc Driver "Why did you stop?!?!?!"

Me "Red light"

MD "But you had space, you could've gone through!!!!"

Me "Umm... Insurance details please"

MD "WHAT!!!! You caused the accident!!!"

Me "I know what, give me your insurance details and we'll let the police decide."

MD "F*@K YOU!"

Then he drove off... not believing what had just happened i didn't look at his reg and all i got was a black guy in a silver merc... in Birmingham. Well called police, 90mins later 2 bobby's on push bikes went by, i called them across and they said call was put out and someone may be there soon, but not knowing the reg means nothing would happen and in essence i would be just wasting my time and police paperwork, unlucky.

There's the background behind my issue. Now my issue happens to be the rear panel having a nice curve to it. everything behind it, petrol tank and boot section, is perfectly fine. i did not build my hood, so unsure if there's someway i could take that section off and put a new one on. i don't think the dent will pop out and stainless aint the best of materials to work with. but i would like any help/advice or anything like that please. Other than looking out for every black man in a silver merc clk, in winson green area.

Thank you

I feel for you! When someone dented a BMW of mine years ago the police weren't interested and we knew who did it! Makes my blood boil even today!

Rear wheel arces will have to come off but if GBS can supply a new SS panel then its possible to change with a small bit of effort.

Best of luck

Guest jasonmorris

Which model hood do you have as the older ones were stainless steel monocoque chassis' which means extremely hard to repair? I don't have a 2b but I think a repair should be possible if GBSc can supply you with a new panel.

Jason

Guest The Modfather

Hi Cherry.

Have you informed your insurance company? Just in case he calls his and states that you reversed into the front of his car. You never know?

Also, go back and see if there are any CCTV cameras looking onto the lights, inc premises CCTV, and your insurance company can request these if needs be.

If anyone else is reading this, there are two things that you should always do first at any RTC (providing there are no casualties, then they become your priority) check and note the other vehicles number plate against any tax disc displayed, and write these down. Also take a detailed description of the driver and any passengers.

It is also worth carrying (if you only have a basic mobile phone) one of those disposable cameras. Take pictures of your damage and his ensuring you have his number plate in the shot.

I hope it all works out for you.

Daz

Guest peter2b2002

had something like that hapen to my Disco, I found my O/S mirror smashed but there was some blue paint on it which matched a van 2 miles down road , spoke to the owner who said he never came past my house at all , it must have been someone else.

strange thing is I had seen his van lots of times going past me in the mornings on my way to work

peter2b

Hello everyone,

Hope there's someone able to offer help and advice.

I stopped at a red light and had a very nice guy decide to give my car a new feature, a nice imprint of the front of his car! He then decided to go crazy at me for stopping at a red light...

Merc Driver "Why did you stop?!?!?!"

Me "Red light"

MD "But you had space, you could've gone through!!!!"

Me "Umm... Insurance details please"

MD "WHAT!!!! You caused the accident!!!"

Me "I know what, give me your insurance details and we'll let the police decide."

MD "F*@K YOU!"

Then he drove off... not believing what had just happened i didn't look at his reg and all i got was a black guy in a silver merc... in Birmingham. Well called police, 90mins later 2 bobby's on push bikes went by, i called them across and they said call was put out and someone may be there soon, but not knowing the reg means nothing would happen and in essence i would be just wasting my time and police paperwork, unlucky.

There's the background behind my issue. Now my issue happens to be the rear panel having a nice curve to it. everything behind it, petrol tank and boot section, is perfectly fine. i did not build my hood, so unsure if there's someway i could take that section off and put a new one on. i don't think the dent will pop out and stainless aint the best of materials to work with. but i would like any help/advice or anything like that please. Other than looking out for every black man in a silver merc clk, in winson green area.

Thank you

this must be a new road traffic rule if there,s space go for it regardless of light colour altough I do think it only applies to BMW, merc and audi drivers under the age of 40 where the car is a company one :vava:

and white vans :p

:friends:

No, your mistaken.........white vans dont even need a gap! :rolleyes:

On a serious note, i cant believe there isnt a camera either at the junction or either side that they could check if they were bothered.

It has really started to get my back up the way people just dont care about car damage nowadays. 'your insurance will pick it up' seems to be the rule.

rant over!

Black man, silver Merc and Winson Green????

Needle in a haystack springs to mind.

Would be nice if a camera (commercial or public) spotted it, its more than worth a go.

If you live miles away take a look through google street view. I know the images may be dated but again, its worth a go

Look for traffic cameras, banks, shops and jewellers and give them a ring..

Once I was sitting in the passenger seat in a van (driver was in a phone box) a chap in a Volvo reversed out of a house on the opposite side of the road

into my side and smashed into the stationary van.

He got out, came up to my window and said "that wasnt very clever now was it" I pointed out I was not driving and the van was stationary.......he was gobsmacked clapping.gif

Guest robinj66

If the bobbies on the bikes haven't assisted you any further than in your post then you need to gom to the police station and ensure that your case is reported and that you are given a crime reference number. Thereis so much cctv about these days that they can trace the car