210 Mile Round Trip In The B

speedtripledan

Went for a long drive to Norfolk today the car is performing well after all the winter upgrades.

Have to say a17 is full of knob head drivers, as soon as I was any where near people they did one of three things 1, pulled to the side to let me blast past 2, get as wide as poss to block my forward vision 3, do suicide overtakes to try and beat down the road. I was just making good forward progress not racing anyone, once round the lorries sat on the speed limit.

These cars seem to bring the best and worst out in other drivers

Guest Ian & Carole

I think the A17 along with the A15 from Lincoln up to Scunthorpe are the 2 most dangerous roads in the area.

I dread travelling on either of them.

Sounds like you had a good trip though.

Guest Jameslark

Quite agree, went out the other day and a young man with his hat on back to front in an old Golf saw me behind him and decided to overtake a lorry into a roundabout. The poor HGV driver could only slam on the brakes, disappear in a cloud of smoke and wonder what had just happened. I thought and so did my passenger think he was going to roll as he ended up on two wheels in his vain attempt to impress. This idiot is quite the reason that motor insurance for young male drivers is higher than the girls and rightly so. Yet another rule being imposed by European judges who seem to be out of touch with reality. We all know who would have won in a head to head race but that is not the point and it seemed to take the enjoyment out of an otherwise great run.

I'm afraid we will always have someone who wants to race but I think the cool thing is just to ignore and enjoy your own surroundings.

Guest Tim Norman

Its always the young hot heads who think they can beat you. I recall one such herbert in his chavved up Nova, 18" alloys, body kit, stereo blaring out some crap, pulled up along side me at the lights and revved his engine expectantly. I glanced over, smiled, then revved mine. His face dropped, as did the volume of his stereo. He missed the lights go green as I tootled off, with his jaw still on his lap. Its comforting to know that deep down he knew he was beaten, before he did the stupid thing. Your right though, I do now just ignore them, secure in the knowledge that if I wanted to, they wouldn't stand a chance. And now it is tuned and has a few more eager ponies under the bonnet the sense of satisfaction will be even greater. Assuming it passes its MOT on Saturday!

Went to work in mine yesterday to show the lads, as you do, and had my first encounter with a chaved up Saxo!! God, its only been on the road 24 hours thinks me.

Pulled up at a set of lights and "it" pulled up along side me and sat there reving the tits of it whilst keep glancing across at me.

The lights changed to amber and he was off in a blaze off tyre squeal and valve bounce.

Me?? I casually pulled away easily into 3rd gear by the time I had reached 25 mph, laughing my head off at the Chav eagerly racing himself up the road.

What a knob.

Trouble is these weren't young hot heads in chav cars these were mostly middle aged men in bmw and audi's one of which was just plain un hinged in the end i stopped catching him after he overtook because as soon as i came up behind him again he was off head on towards lorries and god knows what if stayed a car behind him he was fine Weird! aggressive.gif

...these were mostly middle aged men in bmw and audi's...

Agreed. I find the worst for driving a foot off your bumper and being generally aggressive are middle aged men in small courier vans, closely followed by the executive saloon brigade. :rolleyes:

Guest woolly

Has anyone noticed how cars don't come with indicators that work anymore? Or..........

Is it just me?

Steve

you must have been following me......keep um guessing i say they stay further away

Went to work in mine yesterday to show the lads, as you do, and had my first encounter with a chaved up Saxo!! God, its only been on the road 24 hours thinks me.

Pulled up at a set of lights and "it" pulled up along side me and sat there reving the tits of it whilst keep glancing across at me.

The lights changed to amber and he was off in a blaze off tyre squeal and valve bounce.

Me?? I casually pulled away easily into 3rd gear by the time I had reached 25 mph, laughing my head off at the Chav eagerly racing himself up the road.

What a knob.

Thats one of my personal favourite games.

I did it once at the unofficial Birmingham market race track about 15 years ago. I was in an X-19 with my 5 yr old daughter when Mr Al Rashid Bellend pulled up in his

XR3 complete with "scud missile" and "cossie eater" graphics. I revved it up some then watched him rip off on green. Oh how I laughed, then I saw the blue flashing

lights pulling him up and I was in hysterics. I pulled along side him and gave him the sarcastic thumbs up as he was getting into plods motor.