Aluminium Corrosion

Guest kleighton

Guest kleighton

Morning all,

My 2b is fitted with aluminium side panels and back panel, and after a few runs out over the winter months have started to show some signs of corrosion. More a whitening than pitting as yet, and I'd prefer to treat this before it gets any worse.

Does anyone have any ideas how best to get rid of this ? I've found a couple of home grown solutions, Coca Cola, vingar and baking soda but nothing seems to have been effective. I've also seen videos of fine grit sanding paper and polishing, but don't fancy attacking it with anything abrasive, unless it's a recommended and well known method.

I intend to polish the panels up and treat with Glisten PC once theyre in a better condition.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Keith

Guest Chutney

I'm using autosol on mine, it's the bollix, but it is corrosive( kinda needs to be) the filth that comes off is a sighing behold. I recon autosol then glisten and your well away.

Guest mower man

Most of Frost products are very good including this but having read the application insructions it seems quite a long and involved procedure much like a respray using clear 2 pack laquer,ok if you have the time and patience and prob excelent if done when building the car to allow proper coverage and curing,but you can buy a lot of polish for the £50+ it costs ,Solvol and patience in my book is a much safer route my ops annd others who have perhaps used it may differ regards mower man p.s .I have a lot of stainless on my car but it only takes 1.5 hrs to do the lot,thanks for the post Kieth things are going really well done may be 1.5/2 miles today mostly without sticks :good:

Guest kleighton

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I got some Autosol at the weekend and it looks like it's doing the trick, it'll probably need a couple of applications though.

Well done Mick, that's quite a long way, take is steady fella.....