Starter Button

Guest shagster

Guest shagster

Hi all,

Just a quick one, I want to fit a starter button to the hood whats the best way of doing this, am using the standard sierra ignition barrel coupled to the premier wiring loom.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks, Mike :D

To keep it really simple (not even an "O" level in lecktricks)

I just fitted the push button into the wire going from the ig. switch to the starter solenoid. To start just turn the key against the spring then push the button.

The major benefit is that the push button will not operate when ignition is off, or with the engine running.

Still looks good & impresses the grandkids who want to push the buton, but dont see me turning the key first....

Bob

Guest peter2b2002

I cut out the starter switch totaly, and used a button to bridge the starter wire, I still use the starter switch for the stearing lock

peter2b

Guest mower man

I did some thing similar but took feed from perm live via push button both systms work and you only need one hand! simple is always better mower man :good:

As my Sierra loom took a turn for the worst while sitting in my in-laws garage for a couple of years. i.e. all the labels rotted away. I had to start from scratch and so made my own loom.

All that said I bought a starter push button off e-bay that lightsup blue with an LED. I wired the push button so you still have turn the ignition on with the key, but the button then operates the starter relay. The LED I wired in parallel with the ignition light, so with the ignition on the button lights up. When you then start the car the button goes out.

Nige