Iva Test Today

Joel

...a PASS :yahoo:

It's my third car through SVA/IVA, and none had previously passed first time, so I'm really chuffed. In fact I'm feeling more relieved than anything at the moment, but I'm sure the happiness will kick-in this evening.

The examiner was excellent and couldn't have been more helpful. There was a few issues to resolve but rather than just telling us to go away and fix them, he was full of help and suggestions to get it all sorted there and then - Almost willing us to pass. :good:

The usual thanks to all on here who've helped with advice over the past.....7 years!! Good grief, is it really that long? :blush:

Shame the DVLA (on the opposite side of the road) couldn't spare someone for 2 minutes to do the BUI, but today's not for grumbling.

Incidentally, most people probably already know that Brum VOSA is closing this summer, but I learned today it's relocating to Kidderminster, so we won't have to go to Derby/Nottingham afterall.

Time for a beer. :drinks:

Guest scrabster

well done joel,pity the dvla are'nt so helpful as the test station across the road, i had the same problem and had to take it back for a 2 min inspection.are you going to next meet in it?

regards,jess.

Congratulations Joel,

I had a similar experience with B'ham VOSA: :clapping: good as gold, was the testers name Paul? I too got the feeling he was willing us to pass, very helpful....

....and to be honest DVLA across the road were good too. They had all the documents ready in no time once BUI was complete. I sent all my paperwork fao Leanne Astle, she seems to know her stuff regarding Kit Converted Vehicles :good: . Glad I didn't have to wait in that queue... it's madness in there! :crazy:

Trev

Pity about the negative response from the paper shufflers after a clean home run at IVA. We were told to avoid Southampton Test Centre if possible,but we didn't. Our test was a very pleasant experiance, a good bloke who explained all he was doing & what he looked for;resulting in a first time pass. At Bournemouth for BUI, as it was raining,the guy went under the covers to check all he wanted to see (we trailered ours)so it wouldn't get wet. Paper work all done in about 20 minutes tops.

Thanks everyone :drinks: :blush:

To be fair to Birmingham DVLA, they were pretty good with the paperwork. They just couldn't spare someone to do the BUI, which seems a crazy situation given the car was there, VOSA and DVLA are on opposite sides of the road, and it would have taken all of 2 minutes! But that's life. :rolleyes:

Nigel - :rofl:

Ian - I've already missed 2 weddings I'd promised it would be ready for!

Jess - BUI is booked for April 5th, so it won't be registered in time for this month, but I should make the one before Stoneleigh.

Paul - It's a Sierra donor the same as a Robin Hood.