Grinder Into Buffer?

Guest Chutney

Guest Chutney

Has anyone used ether a 4inch or 9inch angle grinder as a buffer with the correct attachment?

Does such a thing exist?

I've looked on flea bay-pneumatic buffers are about 40+. cheapy electric ones can be found for 20.

An attachment for the disc cutter must be cheaper, anyone seen one. Looked on screwfix.

A grinder (unless you have a speed control one) will be too fast for buffing, they generally have a few thousand rpm while a buffer has a few hundred. Too high a speed causes heat which ain't good for buffing and polishing paintwork, may be OK for metal buffing & polishing though!

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Standard_Polishing_Kits.html

Try this place for drill based metal polishing kits. Did the trick for me. I bought a cheap drill to use in case it knackered the drill when doing it but it seems to have stood up to several hours of polishing so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an electric DA sander from machine mart a while back (haven't used it myself but Mrs BAJ says it is very good!) and I asked the shop guy if buffing mops were available for it- he grimaced and advised against it because it was too fast, suggesting I have a look at the bonnet of his car outside if I wanted to see why it wasn't suitable!