Fuel Pipes

Guest danny_samb

Are you using carbs or injection and if carbs do you think you may go to injection one day?

If carbs it may be better to overspecify at this stage and put in 8mm copper supply and return pipes as it's not much more money at this stage and adding better pipes later is a real pain in the butt. If you only specify for carbs you can use low pressure hose and pipes but it would all have to be changed if you go injection later.

Nigel

Guest danny_samb

Yes using standard pinto engine, will be upgrading to twin webbers at some stage, so you think I should use copper for the majority and silicone to connect to engine and tank and return, couldn't I use rubber through out as the joints will be less,

Yes using standard pinto engine, will be upgrading to twin webbers at some stage, so you think I should use copper for the majority and silicone to connect to engine and tank and return, couldn't I use rubber through out as the joints will be less,

Yes but not advised as it will not last for ever it will harden and perish with time so only fit where it is easy to replace and get at. Ian had a hose split on a run out in Yorkshire so it does happen. Also on twin Webbers.

Simple fix with some new hose at a local work shop.

Stephen

Guest danny_samb

Ok thanks for the reply's, I will fit copper pile for the majority and rubber where easy to see and change if a problem occurs, do I need specific copper pipe or any with a 8mm id

Thanks

Guest smartfazer

So I can run copper down the tunnel and use rubber overbraided to connect to tank and carbs, should I flare the ends of the copper pipe to put the silicone onto, what copper pipe do I need just 8mm id

Been wondering about the flaring too.

Do I need a special tool or will a brake pipe flaring tool do the job?

Steve

I decided to go under the car between the lower floor rather than go down the tunnel, for ease of access and it does get busy by the diff with fuel hose, brake switch, handbrake cable and electrics.

Ok bu I wish it was a bit smart my box it in eventually.

Regards

Markpost-4145-0-19582600-1301430679_thumb.jpg