Bike Carb Conversion

gomatthome

i have recently read the various threads regarding this subject but thought i would ask what to some might seem like a very basic question.

I am building a Zero and have taken the decision to take the injection system off my 2l pinto which i will be using as my donor. In the Zero i just want to get rid of the massive injection lump to give me more space and hopefully gain some extra performance. Also the carb solution just looks so much better

I know their are other engine options which may be better but i already have a good pinto in my 2b and a spare on the garage floor and intend to use this in the Zero on the grounds of cost. I have already purchased a set of fireblade bike carbs which are currently with GBS for them to attach to their inlet manifold. i have purchased their new plug in loom as part of the Zero kit as this will give me a much tidier and hopefully easier wiring solution

in terms of fitting to the fierblade carbs to the car i am told that i will also need a megajolt or similar system as well. Is this the case or are their cheaper / any alternatives. if megajolt is the way to go does anyone have a link to the best value for money supplier and can anyone point me to instructions as to what i need to do.

i have searched the site but a lot of the replies seem to anticipate an understanding of how to do the conversion in the first place and therefore concentrate on the merits of different systems. What i need to find is a set of instructions which adopt a step by step approach for someone like myself who is prepared to admit that this will be the first time they have attempted anything like this.

Hopefully one kind soul out there will be willing to spend some time setting out some instructions - providing a link to these as i cant be the only member who would find this very useful.

Regards

Phil

Phil,

I am interested in fitting bike carbs or twin 40DCOE webbers to my Zero with a xflow engine, please keep me informed of any progress. Current manifold and carb will not fit in zero chassis.

Thank you.

Regards

Mark

Rob/Phil,

You'll need something for the sparks when converting from efi as it was something the efi system did itself. Megajolt is one option or lumenition, but a real locost method of doing it is to get a dizzy/amp off a carbed pinto (not necc a 2.0). See http://nw.rhocar.org/inductive_ign.htm

Guest scrabster

hi,i used an electronic ignition system from bestek(e-bay)all the gubbins are in the new dizzy and comes with a new sports coil.you just have to add 12v supply and an earth.cost £180.hth.

regards,jess.