Rear Wings On Zero

femster87

Guest scrabster

hi femi,i fixed mine on with rivnuts and used big washers to spread the load on the fibreglass.i cant get an equal spacing around the tyre on mine as the arches are a bit big and they would stick out pass the curve of the rear panel if that makes sence.gbs have "tweaked" the mould since i did mine so yours should be ok.hth.

regards,jess.

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Femmi,

I used M6 rivnuts (about ten) with a large penny washer, to line the arch up I positined the back trailing lower edge just as the rear panel curves round and then the front leading edge level with the bottom of the side panel and then used Tadpole piping trim between the wing and the panel.

If it helps have a look at my pics.

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve8274

hi

maybe a sill question but why use rivnuts?

when i have offered my wings up to the car, the wing will only be fastened through the aluminium. i was just going to use m6 bolt lock washer and then on rear another washer and nyloc nut.

not fitted them yet so if this is wrong, please let me know the reason

thanks

steve

• 9 months later...

If you are fitting the inner panels in the passenger compartment, you cannot GET to the back to put a nylock nut on there.

I put riv nuts on all except the two I could reach in the boot space and I put a button head bolt in there with the nylock under the wheel arch. A "tad" awkward, but it makes the boot space look neater I think.

Guest Hammy360

hi femi,i fixed mine on with rivnuts and used big washers to spread the load on the fibreglass.i cant get an equal spacing around the tyre on mine as the arches are a bit big and they would stick out pass the curve of the rear panel if that makes sence.gbs have "tweaked" the mould since i did mine so yours should be ok.hth.

regards,jess.

Same as that Femi,

PS if youre ever in a rush mate just bell me mate, (you know well by now thats what I do LOL)

Edited by Hammy