Peak District Weekender

steve in stockport

I have made a group booking for 10 tents, but scope to add more, at Hardhurst Farm camp site, near Hope in the Peak District, for the weekend 10th - 12th June 2011.

The site is on Parsons Lane, behind the Travellers Rest pub on the main road between Hope and Hathersage, S33 6RB.

There are ladies and gents toilets and showers on site, as well as a cafe that does breakfast in the morning, pub for food and drink is 200 metres away, and BBQ's are allowed, but NO open fires. Supermarket, more pubs, curry house only 10 mins walk/2 mins drive away.

Fees are £5.00 per person, per night.

For those that don't camp, the pub does B&B as well as plenty of other places in the immediate area, but it is summer in the Peaks and they will be booked up sooner rather than later.

post-949-0-11422500-1301578658_thumb.jpg

There will be a run out Saturday, exploring some of the many obscure national speed limit roads that criss cross the area, but hopefully they won't be as agricultural as last year :o

If you're comimg add your names below so we have an idea of numbers, I'll start it off.

Steve and Laura

Rob and Fliss

Jase and Rach

Dan and Sue

Mitch and Jen

Andy windows

Simon

Pete and Daryl

James and 1/Brian?

Adrian and Linda

Rich Stanton

Bone(Graham) and Debs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 70-75mm between sump/plough tube and the ground unladen, so unless you are lower than that you'll be fine, might be a bit of scraping but nowhere near as much as last year.

If you want to test out your water wings the ford is about a mile off the A515 behind the Bentley Brook pub at Fenny Bentley

Guest shaggy

I've got 70-75mm between sump/plough tube and the ground unladen, so unless you are lower than that you'll be fine, might be a bit of scraping but nowhere near as much as last year.

If you want to test out your water wings the ford is about a mile off the A515 behind the Bentley Brook pub at Fenny Bentley

Steve,

Put me down for the weekend please.

The ford HAS to be on the route though :-)

Si

Just measured it @ 60mm to the plough tube so near enough :) will not be going through any fords though the floor of my car will be about as water tight as colinder

Guest Adrian 797

Hi

Add Adrian & Linda to your list

do they take Tear Drops?

What's all the fuss about Water splashes, just go for it and the water will go over the top, I go through at about 30 MPH. What if you get your feet wet!

Adrian

• 4 weeks later...