Wiring Route

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Hi

Just been doing a little work on my car and was wondering how others have protected there wiring in the rear wheel arches from the rear lights, right now i have protected it with heat shrink and split sleeve plastic pipe. Is this enough to pass SVA? any pics would be great

Thanks

Mine were loomed, wrapped in split conduit which in turn was clipped to the rear light monuting bolts and taken through the side of the rear inner wing bit with a grommet. I hope that's enough for IVA?

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Hi Ratter

When I wanted to seal wire runs I used self amalgamating tape from CBS. Works a treat. Ian H

Did that pass IVA test, Im just wondering if I should make some type of box to protect it?

Guest Noddy006

Hi

I had no problem with the wiring at IVA and I did use it for tidying up wiring in engine bay, behind dash as well as repeater lights in the top of the front wing. For the front wing I ran the wire along the wing brackets adnd then used stick in clips inside the wing to make sure it didn't hang and catch on wheels. Been O.K. Since. Only a personal opinion but I think this is a good option especially in potential wet areas HTH

Ian H

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Hi Ian

Is the self amalgamating tape like a loom tape? never used it before. Thanks for all the info iv got a few mods to make next weekend i think.

Cheers

Guest Noddy006

Hi

As I understand it it is a resin impregnated tape. To use cut a length, peel off backing tape, stretch and then rap your wires. It glues to itself as you do it and in effect forms a water tight tube on the wires. CHeers, Ian H