Age Related Plate

Guest sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

Quick question, I'm struggling to find the answer to, I bought a Sierra Donor car (still have the V5) and stripped it, then i bought the Zero Zetec kit from GBS, I've used the Gearbox, Diff and Hubs from the donor, everything else is brand new from either GBS or other Suppliers, what paperwork do i need to present to the DVLA/IVA to get an age related plate?

Or because I've used more than 1 item from the Donor will i end up with a Q plate?

im sure the answer is simply, but theres a quagmire of info out there and lots of it seems to conflict :unknw:

Hi, you will only get a Q plate if your donor parts have originated from a multitude of places and you have no V5C

for a single donor.

As you do have a donor and V5C simply write the reg no of the donor in the relevant boxes when you fill in the

build up report when applying for registration (all irrelevant for your IVA stage), and you will get an age related plate.

But, the above said, if you have only used the parts you state, (ish, :spiteful:) sort some kind of receipt to prove the parts have been reconditioned

to an as new standard and combined with a new kit and a new Zetec, you stand a good chance of getting a new reg.

HTH,

Nick.

Guest sandy77uk

Hi, you will only get a Q plate if your donor parts have originated from a multitude of places and you have no V5C

for a single donor.

As you do have a donor and V5C simply write the reg no of the donor in the relevant boxes when you fill in the

build up report when applying for registration (all irrelevant for your IVA stage), and you will get an age related plate.

But, the above said, if you have only used the parts you state, (ish, :spiteful:) sort some kind of receipt to prove the parts have been reconditioned

to an as new standard and combined with a new kit and a new Zetec, you stand a good chance of getting a new reg.

HTH,

Nick.

Ahh thats all food for thought and thankyou for your time Shaft, I've got my receipts for pretty much everything, actually the only thing i may struggle on is finding my GBS receipts as I think i left it in the Hire van when i picked the kit up, oh well ces't la vie

Ahh thats all food for thought and thankyou for your time Shaft, I've got my receipts for pretty much everything, actually the only thing i may struggle on is finding my GBS receipts as I think i left it in the Hire van when i picked the kit up, oh well ces't la vie

Ask Richard at GBS for a duplicate then buddy, you will definately need it for your amateur build declaration when applying

for your IVA. :wacko:

Guest sandy77uk

Ask Richard at GBS for a duplicate then buddy, you will definately need it for your amateur build declaration when applying

for your IVA. :wacko:

i was initially going to give it to GBS for them to put it through the IVA for me, however after spending this much blood, sweet and tears on the build I'm going to put her through myself, so I'll give Rich a shout and hopefully they wont mind to much sending out the receipts

thanks again shaft

Guest mastarforth

YOu say you have used the gearbox etc from the donor.

I dont htink you have used enough new items to get a new plate,and if you have used a Crate engine make sure you update your engine number on the V5 to ensure that this is classed as being from your donor, to ensure that you get the palte related to teh age of your Donor etc.

Just a thought.

Andrew

The test station staff are not stupid; a Zetec in a Sierra? oh yes sir,we know that was a common fitment to these 20 year old beasts,age related plate & higher emissions/no cat will that suit sir? no problem. I don't think so.

Guest sandy77uk

THIS is the form you will need to fill in. As long as you have two "major components" from the donor you will get an age related plate

which I dont, I've used the gearbox/diff, so thats transmission, the hubs are also used (but aren't a major component) everything else is brand new

which I dont, I've used the gearbox/diff, so thats transmission, the hubs are also used (but aren't a major component) everything else is brand new

stop fretting, :drinks: the only difference between your donor usage and mine is the engine,

and mines on an age related plate, no problem. Steering column etc all count.

When you fill in the form just put N/A for the serial numbers and then put the donor cars reg number

in the origin box. (put "new" for the engine) for everything else that they mention in the list.

I can't see it being a problem, all the DVLA seemed interested in when i registered mine was the

fee, the IAC certificate and the donor V5c. The build up report just got thrown in the folder, she never

even looked at it.

Nick. :hi:

Shaft, don't you think that as he is fitting a new engine he will be given a new reg. & need to fit a cat. to comply with emissions; the IVA tester will base his exhaust tests on the engine number not the donors reg. That's what I understood from our tester at Southampton.

Shaft, don't you think that as he is fitting a new engine he will be given a new reg. & need to fit a cat. to comply with emissions; the IVA tester will base his exhaust tests on the engine number not the donors reg. That's what I understood from our tester at Southampton.

Fully agree Bob, the new engine will need a cat and have to meet the current emissions criteria, but that as no bearing

on the number plate assigned to the car. To receive a "new" reg, the car must be made from all brand new parts with the exception

of one component which may be refurbished to an as new condition. That said though, the gbox, diff, driveshafts etc can be considered as the

"Drivetrain" and deemed to be one component in the eyes of the DVLA. :crazy:

The emissions for future MOTs are merely a figure stored on the DVLA data base and printed on the V5.

Guest dinger

I will let you know for deffinate when my paperwork turns up from the DVLA, As I have used a different engine to the donor,

However, the DVLA are not known for their consistency!