Suggested Things To Have On General Toolkit?

baj25

Bit of an intro, but I was at my daughter’s flat in Leeds last weekend after a break-in, and wanted a few tools to try to secure the place. The Police were brilliant by the way, credit where credit is due. But no tools to be had, so secured place by wedging domestic appliances behind a door. I said that I had thought of getting her a tool kit, but thought she would just laugh, but she thought it was a great idea.

So, oh handiest bunch of folks on earth, what would you suggest go in such a tool kit? Simple domestic repairs, wiring plugs etc for a low skilled user. Just got 10% discount voucher for new local screwfix, so will use to get stuff next week. TIA, Brian

I would add to that kit, a radiator bleed key, araldite and super glue, gaffa (duck/duct) tape, insulating tape, 3, 5 and 13 amp plug fuses (and fuse wire if the house still has an old fashioned fuse box), multi meter. Drain rods (a bit big but they have got me out truoble so many times) and a small step ladder.

Guest mower man

Bit of an intro, but I was at my daughter’s flat in Leeds last weekend after a break-in, and wanted a few tools to try to secure the place. The Police were brilliant by the way, credit where credit is due. But no tools to be had, so secured place by wedging domestic appliances behind a door. I said that I had thought of getting her a tool kit, but thought she would just laugh, but she thought it was a great idea.

So, oh handiest bunch of folks on earth, what would you suggest go in such a tool kit? Simple domestic repairs, wiring plugs etc for a low skilled user. Just got 10% discount voucher for new local screwfix, so will use to get stuff next week. TIA, Brian

Dads phone number !!!!! mower man :crazy: :yahoo:

Some good replies there! Screwfix do a kit that will work out at 27 quid after discounts, so I'll go for that, and then throw a few bits from the garage in. I've got an old multimeter as well. One thing that nobody suggested is cable ties- I use them for allsorts, really handy, so a few of them going in as well. Bri