Alternator Wiring

Guest wheeler

Guest wheeler

Which wire goes where?

I have a Bosch alternator (does not have a multi plug)and a Vicki Green wiring harness. I beleive the big brown wire goes to the B+ connector, but which connectors do the other small brown wire and brown/yellow wire go to? There are 2 connectors left on the alternator, D+ and W.

Any help for a new builder

Andy

Guest chris brown

As you say B+ is thick wire direct to battery +ve D+ should be to warning lamp (pin 8 if using Sierra dash) I dont know what W is for could be for rev counter if used on a diesel. But this seems to confirm it. But try google using the modle type.

Guest wheeler

As you say B+ is thick wire direct to battery +ve D+ should be to warning lamp (pin 8 if using Sierra dash) I dont know what W is for could be for rev counter if used on a diesel. But this seems to confirm it. But try google using the modle type.

many thanks I will give it a go, but what about the othere thin brown wire?

On my Altenator the W connection is used to feed the automatic choke. It is first fed through a relay that is controlled by the ecu, then on to the heater coil in the choke body. By feeding it from the Altenator there is no chance of burning out the coil if you have the ignition on but the engine is not running.

Nige