Sierra Rev Counter

Guest haulie

Guest haulie

Hi all,

I am currently fitting the sierra clicks to my 2b. When I purchased the car part built last year it had these terrible gauges badly fitted and not working

I believe these to be old Capri gauges removed from their pod.

I have to fit the sierra binnacle until I can afford something better next year. I have it all wired up to the premier loom without any problems but the rev counter is not working. Warning lights, temp gauge are working. I haven't driven the car so don't know about the speedo. I have ran a wire direct to the coil but still no joy. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Haulie

Hi,

all the rev counter needs is a live a negative and a feed from the negative LT pole on the coil. You should be able to remove the rev counter unit and test it separate to the rest of the loom.

On mine i could just see on the circuit board which wire was which.

The negative wire on the coil is normally green i think

hth

Guest haulie

Hi

There are three bolts protruding from the back od the rev counter below the multiplug. Does anybody know if these are utilised or not?

Thanks

Haulie

Hi i'm just remembering that the sierra loom on my car was for a clock instead of a rev counter and didn't work with the new set of clocks as it doesn't have the negative from teh coil signal wire.

follow the printed board on the back of the clocks back to teh plug for each of the 3 connections and see what wires they are on the plug.

I'll try and find a photo of my wiring.

Guest haulie

with the multimeter I have -3v going in the feed wire to the rev counter, thats to say with black lead on the green wire and red to positive battery the meter reads about 3volts at tickover . This is the same coming from the -v on coil. would anybody have an old binnacle they no longer require. I think my rev counter might be goused.

Haulie

• 7 years later...