Stoneleigh

Shaft

Echo's everyones comments. Show was OK - Rhocar was brill. Great to see old friends and new. Big thanks to Chris and Becks for the bedroom for Jade. Thanks also to Papa Smurf for storage facilities for my chair over the winter. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Car ran fine apart from a really annoying rattle I took ages to pin down, turned out to be rear view mirror. Camper ran fine too and Julie coped well after worrying about driving it. Roll on Newark and Pig.. See you all soon. Book the same weather will you Phil. perhaps a tad less windy!!! Cheers all Lee Ju, Jade and Toby.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian Marr

Grand weekend.

Thanks to taxi drivers Steve & Steve, tent renter Ian, entrance facilitator Chris, tea bag Norman and all other folks RHOCaR :friends:

Maybe next year will by my 'first' Stoneleigh? :crazy:

Guest mower man

How many gold coins you after Mick for the 3.37? i might fancy that mate? :drinks:

Hi as long as I see my money back I'm happy that is ,to any body who is a club member .It will be a few weeks before I change it and don't want to start an auction . P.M. me you might get a surprise mower man [mick] :drinks: :friends: :good:

Had a really good day there on Sunday. Cracking drive down and passed the veg oil powered car on the M69 (sorry don't know who you are) and ended up in a decent convoy. Followed a RHOCAR badged silver Vectra on Cov bypass and down to Stoneleigh, think it had followed me for a while as well, I gave directions at top of slip road (not signposted which was crazy if you were a newcomer), again never managed to catch up with whoever that was in the show.

Didn't get much of a chance to chat to lots of people as had son and my Dad in toe but nice to see so many there.

Thought the show was OK, Graham that zero is an absolute cracker, shame that some of the more family oriented stuff (fairground type rides etc) was missing, my 5 year old got a bit bored after a while, but OK it is a kit car show I guess.

Thought our stand was excellent and the best turn out as usual. Must get a pass to camp over at some point soon.

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Had a very windy drive back - hope everyone else got back OK with no major dramas.

Andy

Good show again & great meeting faces old & new; this is the first year we could be part of the show. (don't seem to be able to post pics on thsi post?) A round trip of 260 trouble free miles,thanks to SteveJ & SteveA for help with the small water leak.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Cracking weekend!

My ribs will be hurting for weeks, thanks to Nick and Marks better half for the laughs.....bring on Newark :drinks: :drinks:

Great beer (thanks Dan), great company, good weather and a great show......and the biggest bonus, the car didn't breakdown (discounting the Fubar'd battery!) :rolleyes:

Guest gdc

has anyone got pics of my car in the show.

i didnt have a camera , and i was on guard all weekend so i have the

memories but no record of it for my old age .

graham

has anyone got pics of my car in the show.

i didnt have a camera , and i was on guard all weekend so i have the

memories but no record of it for my old age .

graham

Here you go Dad.

A_IMG_5789.jpg

had a great day on Monday, thanks to Dave R for passing on the camber wedges and thanks to all in gazebo for tracking Dave down, I've forgotten everybody's name (I blame sun stroke) but thanks again, oh and Claire loved the German shepard.

Spent way too much money (I had permission) just got to get mine back together now for Newark.

Guest Stuartl

We were there Sunday but apart from fellow Exmo owner Matvic, another Exmo owner from Northants and Bob & Sylvia Fry we never actually got to speak to anyone at length. Did try and strike up a conversation a few times but to no avail

Guest chris n's missus

Big thanks to Chris and Becks for the bedroom for Jade.

not a problem Lee - she was no trouble at all. its great to see them together - getting on so well :friends:

a great show, a fab weekend and it was lovely to see everyone.

Just to add My son & I had a great time meeting up with fellow hoddies old & new (and their beer). And will have to remember ear plugs next time to stop that cross wind making me deaf.

224025_630369190785_285403730_5523516_5608059_n.jpg

Reiteration of thanks to those that organised beer/barbie/weather etc, much appreciated. Hope the lad that hit the electric box got home OK. Uneventful trip home apart from nodding off on M6 (luckily waking up before hitting anything...) Bri