Cycle Wings

Guest davey

Guest woolly

if that is sierra ft hubs i got mine from vindicator cars.

after going round the exeter show 3 times looking for wings and brackets i thought theirs was the best. fitted well and strong.

just a thing i have got is the wing radius should match the tyre. but what do i know.

2 years on all ok.

Guest davey

if that is sierra ft hubs i got mine from vindicator cars.

after going round the exeter show 3 times looking for wings and brackets i thought theirs was the best. fitted well and strong.

just a thing i have got is the wing radius should match the tyre. but what do i know.

2 years on all ok.

thanks for that, i hadnt thought about wing/tyre radius its a good point

davey

2 years on all ok.

Could not agree more Woolly; just hope I don't want to change rolling diameter in the near future!!!!

Guest Kennedy48

Sorry to interupt. Just seen me in this photo in the black hoddy begin rhe roll bar.

Sorry for getting excited :)

Luke

Guest robinj66

These are the cycle wing brackets I used on my sierra S7. I got them from GBS. The central bit fits over the mushroom (it needs welding all the way round and underneath otherwise it snaps and needs to be rewelded at a most inconvenient moment - ask me how I know :aggressive: ) and the two bits or tubing bent at 90 degrees fit over the bar attached to the central bracket.

I used sikaflex type stuff to gues on my cycle wings to the brackets and that works fine.

post-1574-0-56076500-1304629558_thumb.jpg

Guest AWhite

I got mine from GBS too like Robin. Really solid and just needs a bit of weld to the stub axle thing. I fixed mine with bolts rather than the sikafex/glue fixing. Heard stories of a multiple Westfields losing their wings during a convoy run. Depends on how well they are bonded and how fast you drive i guess ;) I also know people that have had no problems with them fixed in this way and they do look better. Personal preference I guess.

Guest robinj66

I think the trick to bonding on the cycle wings is to lay a bead of sealant or two on the bracket and then let it cure. Rough up the inside of the wing with a bit of sandpaper and then lay a further bead of sealant and attach the wing. Keep it clamped for as long as possible.

My wings are fixed so well they stayed attached to the brackets even when the welds broke :pardon: