Window Wipers

Guest Kennedy48

Guest Kennedy48

Just trying to sort out the window wipers. There off position is on the pasenger side. So we are having trouble getting the wipe to extend over the drivers side. How far is enough?

Thanks

Luke

Guest AWhite

I bought some wipers that bend the opposite way (i think from Europa - can't really remember) Now they park on the drivers side and the driver gets the full wipe and passenger get half a wipe. Figured the driver was more important. :)

Andy

Some do one each way so that the wipers park in the middle and wipe to each side leaving the un-cleared part behing the rear-view mirror. I've also seen a setup with three small wipers across the width of the screen.

Iain

Guest Kennedy48

Cool thanks everyone. Il look into the wiper arms but il see if I can turn the motor around first. I didn't want to take too much apart as I'm finished.

Thanks

luke

Guest AWhite

You can just get the wiper arms that face the other way. No need to change the motor around. If they auto park just need to make sure they park in the right place. Mine don't so I just do it manually by turning them off when they get to the right point.

Andy

Guest chris brown

To get them to park on the other side you don't need to move the motor just turn the spindle boxes through 180 degrees. if you just turn one you get the "clap hands system" as described by Iain

Guest gdc

easy answer is dont fit till after iva , install all the hardware and electrics then remove as little as poss

cover the bits that show and iva .

graham