Detling

Guest gdc

hi tom re the third world engine it makes great 11s, bit different to the

1600 third word engine you had . mine is an 11 , and very proud of it .

love dad

but my starter is playing up , so i may need to eat humble pie.

dad

runs ok when cold but wont start when hot .

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Mr Fish this morning, the weather looks fine and dry for Saturday, bit iffy for Sunday.

But should be warmer than the past 3 years.

Hang on, didn't he say there wasn't a hurricane (or storm) on it's way to the south of England way back in 1987 :wacko: :wacko:

poss going sat , the prob with the engine now sorted , a bad earth,

need to fit a spit and suck tank , but should be done by fri pm .

so may see you there .

if you want to travel down with me let me know .

graham

hi al its looking like i will make the long trip alone , unloved .

and i am concirned as it will be its first trip out .

so i will see what the morning brings ,sunshine and i may well chance it.

graham

so we all went to detling ?

no we didnt !

7 hoods on the stand including my zero and a lightweight .

wheather brill great drive both there and back , 237 miles now on the clock ,

and not a prob , great day crap show , exibiters poor show and kits a poor showing also also .

so its not the wheather that puts of peeps from going to detling .

so what is it ?

graham

It is always good to meet and chat with everyone, but ,like you Dad, can't suss why such poor turnouts from all but 2 clubs, not just Hoodies. Saw some Caterhams, a few Cobras outside (& a few more inside) alolng with a smattering of other makes. Even saw 1 Jago Jeep!!

Southern Kit Cars and the Kent Kit Car Club had good turnouts though, but then they did have clearly defined areas.

Best weather for years and didn't burn the bonce! Less traders then ever, but still managed to get some nice edge trim and had a good chat with Richard on the GBS stand, which looked impressive - prime location. Let's hope GBS got some trade out of the show.

Maybe it is the economy, timing (smack bang between Stoneleigh and Newark), or a combination.

Still, might be a better turn out tomorrow, but think i'll save my £11 for another day.

Al

It is always good to meet and chat with everyone, but ,like you Dad, can't suss why such poor turnouts from all but 2 clubs, not just Hoodies. Saw some Caterhams, a few Cobras outside (& a few more inside) alolng with a smattering of other makes. Even saw 1 Jago Jeep!!

Southern Kit Cars and the Kent Kit Car Club had good turnouts though, but then they did have clearly defined areas.

Best weather for years and didn't burn the bonce! Less traders then ever, but still managed to get some nice edge trim and had a good chat with Richard on the GBS stand, which looked impressive - prime location. Let's hope GBS got some trade out of the show.

Maybe it is the economy, timing (smack bang between Stoneleigh and Newark), or a combination.

Still, might be a better turn out tomorrow, but think i'll save my £11 for another day.

Al

hi al realy glad i didnt have to pay

cos i think i would have asked for a refund on the way out .

very disapointed with the show generally and the hoodie showing .

dad

nice to see youy and the good lady by the way

Good Lady, she ain't been that for ages :spiteful: :spiteful: :rolleyes: :give_rose: :D :D

Maybe next year i'll get in for free

See you soon

al your lady is the good lady .respect and enjoy the good lady

you never know when you might need her to right a cheque for a part on the car .

love dad

Went to Stoneleigh, lots to see,both manufacturers & clubs;loads of friends old & new. Camping for 2 nights to see it all. :search:

Detling -- may be on for 2 days but only takes a few hours to veiw & it's futher away for us, <_< so as we are booked for TVH lunch tomorrow :drinks: (112mile round trip) decided to give Detling a miss as it appears from GDC's comments nearly every-one else did. :unsure:

Guest robinj66

Shame about the turnout overall but it was good to meet up with Al & Lana, Steve and GDC. :friends: Love the new Zero Dad, especially the rear diffuser :good:

Hope to meet a few more people today :hi:

Hi Robin,

I'll be there about 10:30 with grandson in tow.....

Didnt look likely at 5:30 this morning, black as thunder, blowing a gale, pi$$ing down hard...

But the wind has dropped, the clouds have blown away, the sun's come out

Al M. I'll hold you to being there in your Hood next year...!!!

Bob