Is This A Wise Donor?

Guest Greenys Meanies

Guest Greenys Meanies

I have just obtained 2 Sierra XR4x4s with the 2.8 v6 in them. Are they going to serve as good donor vehicles for a lightweight or 2b? i'm very keen to make use of the 4x4, like the dax quadra. anyone used the 2.8 v6 or 4x4 yet?

Guest Tim Norman

The V6 is a bigger lump than the pinto which itself is akin to a boat anchor. I'm using the gearbox but mating it to a Rover V8. There are just the small details to sort like how to mount the front diff but I like a challenge. Wouldn't be a Robin Hood without the challange!! :wacko:

Guest Greenys Meanies

i didn't want to use the pinto cos that's normal and boring in my point of view! what would be a better engine do you recon? i was wondering on jap, maybe 2 or 3 litre, poss supra 6 twin turbo! you gotta do it for the challege and a giggle! :D

how about the Impreza engine? the new wrx does 0-60 in just under 5, and thats with all that unecessary metal and excess seating strapped to it! Just imagine that in a hood! or go the old RH way and shoehorn a V12 jag into it. (I was glad to hear the other day that the V12 installation is still alive and well with uncle richard!

I'd love to see that appear at one of the shows :-)

Paul

Guest MikeD318

I saw a car at the Detling show (7 type car that the screen is at too much of an angle to look right) on one of the stands that had a toyota 1.6 20valve engine that on carbs produces 160bhp and revs to about 9000 apparently. The only trouble is the engine is only available in Japan. :(

Guest SteveL
I saw a car at the Detling show (7 type car that the screen is at too much of an angle to look right) on one of the stands that had a toyota 1.6 20valve engine that on carbs produces 160bhp and revs to about 9000 apparently. The only trouble is the engine is only available in Japan. :(

That'll be the Toyota 4AGE engine. Rev to 8500 rpm, 135-175 BHP.

Check out Raw Engineering (http://www.rawengineering.co.uk/), uinder the "Our Engines" section. Lighter than a Pinto (but that isn't?, more rev-happy, but not as buzzy as a bike engine.

Steve