Pinto Inlet Manifold- What Thread For Vacuum?

baj25

Having done away with my servo, I'd like to properly plug off the vacuum port on the manifold that went to the servo. The ford connector is a tapered thread, like a 3/8 or 1/2 BSPR. Anyone found out what thread it is so I can get an appropriate plug? Ta, Brian

Guest mower man

Having done away with my servo, I'd like to properly plug off the vacuum port on the manifold that went to the servo. The ford connector is a tapered thread, like a 3/8 or 1/2 BSPR. Anyone found out what thread it is so I can get an appropriate plug? Ta, Brian

I think it is 3/8 pipe thread if memory serves well but it may not be british but the american NPT HTH mower man :good:

Come at it from a different angle --- chop the tail off your present fitting & put a common bolt thread in the hole & plug with a bolt with a little PTFE tape on,as said above it's more likely to be NPT than BSP the difference is only 1TPI but enough to give probs.

Ta for replies Gents. I've temporarily bunged up the remains of the old connector with an M8 screw and some self amalg tape, I just fancied making it a bit neater. If I think on I'll unscrew it tonight and have a look in the stores at work in the morning, we've got allsorts of bits and bobs. If I successfully get a match I'll post on here for the future. Cheers, Bri

Well, couldn't find a plug with thread to match so went to plan B. Cut hose tail off and tapped the fitting out to M5 (it didn't even need drilling out). A dib of loctite on an M5 button head screw and sorted.

Having road tested the brakes with new M/C and no servo, I wish I had done it ages ago. As said in another thread, disconnecting the vacuum doesn't really give you a true feel of braking without servo at all. Cheers, Bri

Guest shaggy

Well, couldn't find a plug with thread to match so went to plan B. Cut hose tail off and tapped the fitting out to M5 (it didn't even need drilling out). A dib of loctite on an M5 button head screw and sorted.

Having road tested the brakes with new M/C and no servo, I wish I had done it ages ago. As said in another thread, disconnecting the vacuum doesn't really give you a true feel of braking without servo at all. Cheers, Bri

My servo pipe dropped off the other week after a bit of tinkering time the day before. First I knew of it was a brown trouser moment at the first junction...........

Si