Zero Rear Panel-again!

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

Well i've put it off for long enough and today i put the back panel on,werent as hard as i thought it would be. But still got a few questions

1- where the tabs on the back panel met the tabs on the side cresants theres about a 10mm gap between them? Does the rear stay bars need rising up which will in turn bring the 2 panels closer???

2- opitons for where the back panel mets the side panel theres about 1" overlap-cut it off or bend it in so it sits on the side panel?

What have most of you boys done,pics would be good.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Long time no speak mate, hope all is well. :air_kiss:

The rear stays need spragging to get the dimension between the feet and the underside of the rear cross member

of the chassis to match the height of the rear panel (less 1.5mm to allow for the feet fitting on top of the trim strip).

If you have a look HERE theres loads of pictures of how to set up and fit the panel. Open the pics individually in large format

rather than in the album and each one as written detail below it.

The side panel / rear panel sides have an 'overlap' area.... yuk!! :bad: I decided to fold mine to let them in. A tad tricky to get really neat

on the panel gaps as it's not a straight line fold, but looks far better than overlapping if you ask me.

SSL22475.jpg

Guest oddsocks

I was hoping you would pop up< things are good cheers mate. My fone broke and i've lost your no-pm your no again mate.

I was trying to find the pics on how you done it-cheers mate. I've been a bit slack of late with the car so im getting back into it now-put fluids in and im ready to start it :yahoo:

Hows tricks with you mate? Family ok? Hows the car going, mow much milage is on it now?

Jamie

I had the same issues with the gap on the crecents but once the bottom of the rear stays was lifted as per the instruction on Nick's images, the whole panel sort of rotated backwards and upwards a bit and the gap went. I just need to do the final fitting, which I might tackle tomorrow if I am feeling brave. I won't be putting the fold in like Nick has as I am not sure I would get it right.

David