Gbs

Guest Hammy360

Guest gixerboy600

Anyone else building a Zero and getting peed off with GBS????

Mine's nearly done, virtually always had good service etc.

Have a chat with Richard or Keith and I'm sure they will listen and take it on board.

Cheers

John

Guest boggybogstar

Sorry to hear your having issues Hammy, at least youve got the Zorst sorted now !!

Ive had one or two issues in the past, mainly around delivery timescalse but I thought most of those were sorted out now

Hammy,

Always find them helpful if you get te right person on the phone. Occasionally I have waited too long for some parts to be delivered, better since the website is up and running. If you get no success ask for the boss or post your query on here.

We have to remember unlike some of the other car manufacturers they have not got the large supporting admin team in the background hence why the kits are reasonably priced. On a positive note they must be busy.

Guest Hammy360

Firstly, thanks for the PM's that people dont want to post one here, all acknowledged. Ive built my car in a short period time and have bought the majority of parts from GBS even if they were a tenner cheaper elsewhere. I visited them twice in Notts (I live 3.5 hrs away) and a t Stoneleigh and this weekend at Dettling. Ive been a good and patient customer and it feels like because Im near the end and have bought almost everything, that I dont matter anymore. Also note that they told me on order of my kit that their new plenum would be £180 now they want £235!! Also they dont offer advice on anything they dont sell, dont return calls or emails and TBH seem more interested in their PR and marketing than their loyal customers. NOW dont get me wrong, I think the kit is awesome and the quality extremely high and I have said so on many occasions and on other forums and have referred many people to them. It just feels that the balance is going wrong after what feels like their quick fix takeover of Robin Hood. Rant over got to respond to the many sympathetic PM's Ive received. :shok:

Guest gixerboy600

Firstly, thanks for the PM's that people dont want to post one here, all acknowledged. Ive built my car in a short period time and have bought the majority of parts from GBS even if they were a tenner cheaper elsewhere. I visited them twice in Notts (I live 3.5 hrs away) and a t Stoneleigh and this weekend at Dettling. Ive been a good and patient customer and it feels like because Im near the end and have bought almost everything, that I dont matter anymore. Also note that they told me on order of my kit that their new plenum would be £180 now they want £235!! Also they dont offer advice on anything they dont sell, dont return calls or emails and TBH seem more interested in their PR and marketing than their loyal customers. NOW dont get me wrong, I think the kit is awesome and the quality extremely high and I have said so on many occasions and on other forums and have referred many people to them. It just feels that the balance is going wrong after what feels like their quick fix takeover of Robin Hood. Rant over got to respond to the many sympathetic PM's Ive received. :shok:

O.K, let's take this point by point

Congrats on the quick build, hope you enjoy the car!!

I too am near the end of my build and am just about to order the plenum box, even at £235 is a bargain given the alternatives, I have been trying to get a price for it for ages and got nowhere.

Not sure how any company can offer advice for something they don't sell, I can't (I am a manufacturer sales manager)

It certainly has not been a quick fix take over of Robin Hood.

Perhaps discussing your issues directly with GBS instead of airing them on a public forum might be more beneficial to a productive outcome in your favour??

Cheers

John

Guest Hammy360

O.K, let's take this point by point

Congrats on the quick build, hope you enjoy the car!!

I too am near the end of my build and am just about to order the plenum box, even at £235 is a bargain given the alternatives, I have been trying to get a price for it for ages and got nowhere.

Not sure how any company can offer advice for something they don't sell, I can't (I am a manufacturer sales manager)

It certainly has not been a quick fix take over of Robin Hood.

Perhaps discussing your issues directly with GBS instead of airing them on a public forum might be more beneficial to a productive outcome in your favour??

Cheers

John

Thanks John. Dont ask me how they can offer a price on something that they dont sell ask them because they did... twice!!! Looked at your photos and looks like youre almost there mate!

I have had no trouble, but to be honest am about an hr away. And I just turn up and collect what am after, I found Ruth really helpful. Some prices I don't agree with and I go else where for erm all in all they have been quite useful. I just call on monday and pick up on friday

I have not had any major problems with GBS. When I have ordered parts on line, they have been quick to be delivered. When I have gone to the factory with 2 A4 pages of questions, they have always been happy to spend an hour with me going through them (Ben has been a star in this respect). I have always had prompt answers to any questions when I call the Technical Support line.

If I had one gripe, it is the lack of a build manual. I know the Zero is a reasonably simple car to put together and there is great support there to help you through the build, but a build manual helps put things in to logical steps.

Guest mower man

I suppose I'm lucky never had an issue with Gbs or even the dreaded Tricky Dicky allways got what I requested and I'm only 10/15 mins away and no I have NO connections wiuth the company only as a customer mower man :good:

Reading this thread is seriously putting doubts into my mind with regards building a zero it's sounding very much like things are as there way yrs ago, if I committed to buy and got the run around I would go nuts!

Customer service Is king ! I work for a similar size company and rule no.1 is keep the customer informed no matter what. It's being lied to or mislead that rattles people..