Gbs Open Day, 23rd July

Guest gixerboy600

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Walton

Info on this is a bit thin on the ground.

From conversations I have had with Richard Hall it sounds more like a track day where they might do some timing.

It is to be run in conjunction with Javelin track days.

It is also a bit late in the year to announce a new 'Series'

And to run it one month after the Club Sprint day at Barkston is poor planning, I dont see the 45 drivers going back for another go 28 days later.

If this is the way forward for 2012 I can see them attempting to draw drivers away from the Club Sprint to enable GBS to make money.

Or, all of the above could be wrong.

Guest Hammy360

With comments like you have posted there's no wonder you are treated like an anoyance,what do you expect ?,GBS to visit you every week with a complete stock inventory, loosen up or you'll stress out before you can enjoy your big boys toy!!!! ---mower man :good:

No not really but if thats a service they offer Im all ears!! :friends:

• 1 month later...

Hi Stephen,

Hope you are well, I wondered if you could please put a reminder on the owners club about the GBS Open Day.

The GBS team would like to invite you all to our GBS Summer Open Day on Saturday 23rd July starting at 10am. On the day the Workshop, Showroom and Kit Spares shop and our new CNC machine shop will be open and test drives in the Zero demonstrator will be available. We are having a Hog Roast which we ask for a donation which will be going to our chosen charity.

Also on Sunday 24th July we are attending a Sprint at Barkston Heath which you are all welcome to join us at. You are all welcome to bring your own cars and enjoy the day with us, to make a booking please call us.

For more information and for directions please visit our website www.greatbritishsportscars.co.uk or call 01623 860990, we look forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks

Ruth

Great British Sports Cars

Guest MarkB

I will be going... and hopefully not to complain that i was not rung back about my rear panel, tubes are all straightened and prepped for the panel to arrive.... rang them today... richard wasnt there... ended up talking to the one who looks like Steptoe (Wilfred Bramble)... he didnt have a clue what i was talking about <_< <_<

concidering this origonal post was about an open day a bbq , treasure hunt,also free test drives.

it appears to have turned into a slagging post .

if you have issues with gbs . grab your balls and ring them , let them know directly about your issues .

they should respond in a positive manner to resolve the issue . if they dont , then air the matter.

i have had issues with gbs but have been resolved with dialogue.

give them a chance , they are what we drive , they can supply the spares for all the rhsc marks ,

if they want to , that will depend on our commitment to them , slag them off .and in reality they dont need to make anything for us . dont forget they have a remarkable product in the zero that continues to sell in the deepest

recesion since the 30s.

just a few thoughts

inmho

graham

Guest Hammy360

concidering this origonal post was about an open day a bbq , treasure hunt,also free test drives.

it appears to have turned into a slagging post .

if you have issues with gbs . grab your balls and ring them , let them know directly about your issues .

they should respond in a positive manner to resolve the issue . if they dont , then air the matter.

i have had issues with gbs but have been resolved with dialogue.

give them a chance , they are what we drive , they can supply the spares for all the rhsc marks ,

if they want to , that will depend on our commitment to them , slag them off .and in reality they dont need to make anything for us . dont forget they have a remarkable product in the zero that continues to sell in the deepest

recesion since the 30s.

just a few thoughts

inmho

graham

Good comment Graham, to be fair we've all had issues at some stage of our builds, Ive been vocal about it in the past but now I just use the forums for advice and different suppliers for parts now and life is less stressful. The Zero is AWESOME and excellent value for money! :friends:

hammy

i have tonight mailed richard hall , through rhocar , he may or may not recieve the mail , as not a member .

i have asked him to address the issues raised, and respond .

i have in the past asked him to do a tech piece for the rhsc marks ,to improve handling ect . on the forum or through the mag .

to raise the profile of gbs whithin the rhocar comunity.

he was in rhsc before the demise . he knows the good and bad points of all the rhsc marks .

and should know how to improve them ,i thought this might be a point of dual interest, and a way forward

to inprove the manufacturer/ customer experiance.

i will speak to gbs on sat re the questions asked .

see you all there i hope . questions ready ?

graham

Guest John Walton

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=338itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

These prices are largely unsupportable.

£120 for a nominated driver and £100 for a second driver.

I have been a member of RHOCAR since god knows when and have seen some iffy deals, but this takes the biscuit on price.

Guest jasonmorris

Those prices are a rip off and anyone who pays them for a few laps of Barkston wants their head looking at. Especially considering that we only paid 50 odd quid last month.

As for the open day, we'll be there in the Zero, and hopefully I can ask them why they supplied continental head lamps in my kit mmm....

See you all there,

Jason