First Drive

Guest red-col

Guest red-col

Got the registration number through the post today so straight out to get the numberplates!

Went for a bit of a drive round Nottingham and derby, was all going well until after about 65miles the clutch cable snapped at thevpedal end. So we limped home in 2nd gear and now we have to wait til Tuesday for gbs to open again so we can get another cable.

Just typical the sun comes out, we got the numberplate at last and we can't even drive it anywhere!

Was having so much fun as well

Guest red-col

Don't think they will sell what we need as the pedals for the zero are not standard sierra pedals so not sure if it will have the right connection to the pedal on the cable.

Don't think they will sell what we need as the pedals for the zero are not standard sierra pedals so not sure if it will have the right connection to the pedal on the cable.

I bet you did what i did, you need to notch the pedal out for the clevis to fall into otherwise it bends up stressing the cable and SNAP! i have one here spare if you want slightly melted outer but good enough to get you going till gbs open

Guest red-col

I bet you did what i did, you need to notch the pedal out for the clevis to fall into otherwise it bends up stressing the cable and SNAP! i have one here spare if you want slightly melted outer but good enough to get you going till gbs open

Hi,

we did not notch the pedal out for the clevis to fall into as you say.

If your cable has the same connections as the picture below (obviously not broken :)) then I will definately take it off your hands. Let me know how much you want for it and if you are around tomorrow (off out tonight).

cable2.jpg

Many thanks :)

Guest red-col

Many thanks Dan for the cable. Car is now back on the road and running again. Been out all afternoon enjoying it!!!

Again thanks for the help and advice.