Bike Carb Silicone Sleeve Problem

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

My ZX6r carbs seem to keep slipping out of the silicone hose joiners no matter how tight I pull up on the jubilee clips. Is there a way of sorting this out, or is it a case of reseating them every blinking time?!?!?!

It is starting to pee me off.

daz

Guest The Modfather

It would be if I knew what the blessed things looked like. If you know where I could get some that would be nice to know?

Daz

Thanks Chris. Just found these on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3ef688147d but I can now see the bolt holes you describe, so no, these won't be any good. I guess I'll have to try the slimmer clips.

Thanks

Daz

I,ve seen people make a bracket that runs along the back of the carbs with a long threaded rod either end to pull the carbs towards the head

I,ve seen people make a bracket that runs along the back of the carbs with a long threaded rod either end to pull the carbs towards the head

Yes, I had to do this... Got so fed up of being stranded down country lanes for ages whilst putting the hose clips back on.

Probably not made any better with having sliding pillocks rattling the car to bits.

Got some pictures at home if you need any ideas.

Andi

Guest The Modfather

Got some pictures at home if you need any ideas.

Hi Andi.

If you have some pics that would be great. Thanks mate.

Daz

Hi Andi.

If you have some pics that would be great. Thanks mate.

Daz

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukone/3121848971/

Just a bit of angled ali from B+Q and some threaded rod from Wickses (sleeved with some electrical heat shield)

Then its just a case of bending some brackets and finding some bolt/holes to put them in.

I must say though I didnt need to use both rails as the bottom one alone holds the carbs well

Regards

Andi

My ZX6r carbs seem to keep slipping out of the silicone hose joiners no matter how tight I pull up on the jubilee clips.

I'd imagined this could be a problem so when I had my manifold made up I specced some webbing to be welded between each inlet pipe, onto which I could bolt a bit of bracketry to support the TB's. Hopefully a picture will make things clearer...

Guest mower man

Hi Daz I think you will have all the answers in the above posts, but try this as well ,take all hoses off and rub generously with 40 grit production paper the inside of the hoses where they fit and the outside of the manifold and carb stubs, clean of again pref with some thing like thinners [no residue] smear a thin but 100%cover coat of good silicon sealer on to the stubs just enough to get to the sealing area and press the carbs on and secure ,leave to cure 24 hrs pref, this worked for me on a few occasions when silicon hoses tried to creep off HTH ,how do the susp mods feel ? mick [mower man] :friends: :good:

Guest The Modfather

Hi Mick.

Thanks for your tip. I ran the car the other day for about 15 miles and the didn't move. I will try and get some slim clips as well.

The car at the mo has loads of bump steer. I can see that the steering arms point upward from the rack to the hubs, which is what i believe is causing the problem. I will wind up the spring platforms but I don't want to cause too much stifness in the springs. Is there a way of lifting the rack?

Daz