Iva Paperwork And General Advice.

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Afternoon all.

Ok the rather scary time has now come.

TBH i never thought i would see this day when i saw the kit come out of the van at home, but hey things move on dont they. :unknw:

So im now starting to fill in the paperwork.

There are a couple of questions that are eluding me as per usual.

if anyone could shed any light on these it would be amazing,

ok

1. 'Maximum power and the engine speed at which this is obtained'??

now ours is a 2L zetec on jenvies so if anyone on here has these figures to hand that would be great as ours hasnt been rolling roaded yet.

2. Maximum design road speed.

Now ive seen some people put 120 for this. would this be correct for a superspec as well or are there differences??

3. Axle weights?

Again as ours is a superspec with a Zetec im not sure there are many of those around so where would i need to go to get these weighed??

Ok so those are the questions. any advice on those would be amazing.

With regards to the pics and everything else like receipts.

How have people sent these in?

i have nearly 200 pics of the car during the build would i need all the photos and should i just go down to boots and get them all printed and sent in an envelope??

Again with the receipts do they need them all or will a select few of the key ones do.

Im guessing ile have to present them all at the test center in original form anyway.

As per usual many thanks in advance for any info anyone might have.

Joe :D :D :D :D

Guest robinj66

I would suggest that you speak to GBS about 1) & 3)

2) That figure or slightly less will be OK - you just have to ensure that your speedo has the capacity to read up to that speed and that your tyres are speed rated for the "max" speed.

Ref pics etc :- have alook at the V627/1 form - it lists the major components. You will need photos of them at least for both VOSA & DVLA (after you pass IVA). From memory i don't think you need receipts for VOSA but only for the registration at DVLA - someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Alan_builder

1. 'Maximum power and the engine speed at which this is obtained'??

now ours is a 2L zetec on jenvies so if anyone on here has these figures to hand that would be great as ours hasnt been rolling roaded yet.

2. Maximum design road speed.

Now ive seen some people put 120 for this. would this be correct for a superspec as well or are there differences??

3. Axle weights?

The man in Swansea only has car books. Pick a low powered 2L Zetec engine and quote those figures. The lower the RPM the easier your noise test.

The man in Swansea only has car books.It will be slower than the car you engine came from because of the wind-age. Not important as the tyres speed ratings are checked against this maximum speed.

1050kg and you wont get a call from the man in Swansea. Your car will weigh about 357kg on each axle but you must be under the weight you put on the form for the brake tests. I put 800 and got a phone call. He changed it to 1050, 600 front & 450 rear and all was OK.

Ok so those are the questions. any advice on those would be amazing.

With regards to the pics and everything else like receipts.

How have people sent these in?

i have nearly 200 pics of the car during the build would i need all the photos and should i just go down to boots and get them all printed and sent in an envelope??

Again with the receipts do they need them all or will a select few of the key ones do.

Im guessing ile have to present them all at the test center in original form anyway.

As per usual many thanks in advance for any info anyone might have.

Joe :D :D :D :D

You only need send in about 12 pictures to prove home build to Swansea.

Have some prints of the seat belt kite marks/ BS No. Seat belt Bolt heads showing 10.9 for the IVA chap, those under the seat.

Only send photo copies of receipts to Swansea.

Max engine power at what revs is only for the sound test, use Ford/ Haynes figures for standard engine. Photocopy relevant page in Haynes as proof.

Maximum road speed is only to check you have the right tyre ratings should be similar to road car

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest Alan_builder

Max engine power at what revs is only for the sound test, use Ford/ Haynes figures for standard engine. Photocopy relevant page in Haynes as proof.

Maximum road speed is only to check you have the right tyre ratings should be similar to road car

I would not photo copy the Haynes manual, It gives all the figures for the engine codes and you will give the engine number (including engine code)! Better to give a copy from the car drivers manual where I hope only 1 figure is quoted on a page.

Having said that, I have never had a problem with the BHP / RPM figures, never given a copy of the engine figures but I have had the weight queried as above. The man at Swansea will give you a ring if he is not happy with your IVA application, you need to be able to justify your figures and or compromise with him on an agreed number, no problem, thats his job so give him some work so he is not made redundant. Yes you may slow down his sending of your application to your selected IVA station by a day or so.