Spd200

ibrooks

Testing the water really as I'm not 100% decided on selling this (if someone wants to buy it then that will push me in that direction with the decision).

It's an SPD200 kit made whilst thy were still Sportspowerdrive. It's designed to take the running gear from a Sierra and whilst it will accomodate the conventional front engine rear drive setup the tunnel also has space for 4wd to be retained. The frame is welded steel and then the body is fibreglass. Most details are as per the spec on www.sportsandleisurecars.co.uk. The main seller for me is that it's dimensionally accurate with none of the odd proportions of the old Kara kits.

What I've got....

The chassis which is in rolling form with a 4x4 Cosworth rear axle fitted and the associated front crossmember. The front legs have been replaced with coilovers and there are a pair of modified front CV joints in the 4x4 front hubs to allow them to be used in a 2wd car.

The body. The rear section has been modified by Trevor who makes the Impreza based RS200 copy (and the Sierra based Mustang GT500 copy) so it has the correct "window" in the rear spoiler. There are two intercooler tops and the Evo "ears". There are also two front bumpers and two bonnets (the spares are from a Banham but that's the only banham connection with this car). There is a bronze tint rear screen in polycarbonate, a brand new bronze tint heated MKI Sierra front windscreen and I have glass for both doors (2-door Sierra) plus a duplicate for one side. There are the original SPD supplied doors plus a pair of 2-door Sierra doors which I intended to cut down and use as this gives a much nicer feeling door(again like the ones Trevor has done for his car). There is also a lamp pod. There is a fibreglass copy of an RS200 dash and I've been collecting the correct Ford switchgear and vents for it and think I've pretty much got everything apart from gauges.

There are a couple or RS Turbo Recaro seats which are the later style but the same fabric colours as the Tickford trimmed cars plus the same steering wheel as a real RS200 but in black leather rather than grey and red.

Mechanically. The car is rolling at the moment (on a set of geniune RS200 Speedline alloys) but in addition to the bits that are bolted to it there is most of a 2.0 DOHC 4x4 Sierra plus a spare gearbox. There is also a mechanically complete (interior has been binned) 2.9 V6 GLSi 4x4 Sierra with an MOT till October (and obviously it's associated V5). The Sierra has covered less than 100 miles since it's MOT and I doubt it would have a problem with another unless brakes have siezed with it standing or similar. There is a spare V6 4x4 gearbox too (yes that makes 4 gearboxes). I think there are also a pair of spare diffs for a 4x4 V6.

Now for the best bit. I obviously intended the car to take a second or third glance to be told apart from a real 200 but I also wanted it to be able to go something like a real one so there are also two Scorpio Cosworth V6 engines (BOA's) one of which I intended to fit (obviously fitting to the Sierra first and documenting so that I could retain single donor status and get an age related plate). One has already been in a Sierra and includes the modified wiring loom with ECU and the second comes with the Granada loom in a suitcase. 200bhp out of the box and potential to relatively easily add a turbo for 350 without internal engine mods.

There are boxes of incidental little bits and pieces too like lights and brackets. Make no mistake there are still parts to be bought or made but the parts here would fill a double garage quite easily. You will not move this all in the back of a Transit in one go.

I'd let this lot go for £4500 to a member. If I decide to go the ebay route I'll be splitting things up to get significantly more (the wheels alone are about £1000 worth IF you can find a set).

Pictures are do-able but it's sort of buried behind other stuff and there is so much that unless you want the vaguest of overview shots let me know what parts in particular you are interested in.

27092008092-1.jpg

Iain