Looking For A Decent Emerald Map

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

if any one has a decent emerald map that will pass IVA on emmissions could you be so kind as to email me it :give_rose: address is ramsc3003@yahoo.co.uk or alternativley is there an easy way to adjust the fueling on the emerald with the engine running to get it within spec? im running a 2.0 zetec, jenvey throttle bodies, 3 bar fuel pressure (which can change if needed) and standard cream injectors.

Edited by mcramsay

if any one has a decent emerald map that will pass IVA on emmissions could you be so kind as to email me it :give_rose: address is ramsc3003@yahoo.co.uk or alternativley is there an easy way to adjust the fueling on the emerald with the engine running to get it within spec? im running a 2.0 zetec, jenvey throttle bodies, 3 bar fuel pressure (which can change if needed) and standard cream injectors.

Hi. I have the same setup and the same questions, any advise would be appreciated.

Bob

unfortunately I have never seen a map for IVA. have you asked your supplier? most go for performance when they go to a rolling road, not emissions.

you can adjust fuelling with the engine running, but you will need a three or four gas analyser in the exhaust, the same type as the test station have. The exact settings you need will depend on the registration plate you are aiming for.

New plate will require

Tick-over CO < 0.30

HC < 200

2500 – 3000 RPM CO < 0.20

HC < 200

Lambda 0.997 – 1.030

The numbers in the map have no relationship to the figures above, all you can do is adjust, wait a few seconds for the tester to react and see what you have. As you can see the tolerance is fine, which means you would normally run with a lambda probe in closed loop as all current vehicle do.

Alternatively the emerald will take a wide band Lambda set-up, and adjust itself, to a point. it's not cheap and requires some set-up. but its what I use, less messing at test. One booked in tomorrow.

S

Edited by knights_templar

not wishing to be controvertial but .

a mapping session is an expensive opperation ,

an iva map is what i have on mine at the mo , cost £325 . to alter it will prob cost the same again .

i have an emerald setup , n/hampton motor sports sorted it .

you may have to barter for the required map ,

graham