Bit Of Help Which S7

Guest jordy32

Guest jordy32

I have been offered a decent deal on a couple of S7s.

The first is cortina based. Externally in good nick but needs a new inside really. Mechanics are generally OK, has the deluxe front set-up. Running a slightly modded pinto 2.0l.

or

A dolomite based S7. In much better internal conditon but with a modded 1.6 xflow. A bit more money as well.

Is it worth considering these older models, especially the dolomite based S7, or is it best to take at least a sierra based model upwards?

Guest Ian & Carole

I have been offered a decent deal on a couple of S7s.

The first is cortina based. Externally in good nick but needs a new inside really. Mechanics are generally OK, has the deluxe front set-up. Running a slightly modded pinto 2.0l.

or

A dolomite based S7. In much better internal conditon but with a modded 1.6 xflow. A bit more money as well.

Is it worth considering these older models, especially the dolomite based S7, or is it best to take at least a sierra based model upwards?

Which ever or neither you go for make sure when you do eventually buy one IT IS registered as a "Robin Hood" on the V5 as there are still some out there that are not.

Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest cheesewr

Out of interest, are they proper monocoques or do they have a chassis of some description? Haven't found anyone else with a Dolomite s7 exactly like mine - i.e. no chassis at all (though I'm considering adding one for strength).

Where are you? Be interested to get a look at the Dolly if it's not too far away (I'm in Manchester).

Guest cheesewr

That makes sense - I've looked over two other Dolomite S7s and both have two rails in a V-shape running from the front subframe back into the transmission tunnel. Not thick enough to be called chassis members perhaps but definitely something. It's these that my car lacks and unless they were ground back very smoothly, can't see that they ever existed on my car.