Indicators Flashing Too Fast

Guest ossa

Can anyone help me as electrics is not my best subject?? went for an MOT & the indicators are flashing too fast....all 6 bulbs are working...they flash at the right speed when I use the hazards.I have changed the flasher unit but there's no difference....any suggestions please??

Can anyone help me as electrics is not my best subject?? went for an MOT & the indicators are flashing too fast....all 6 bulbs are working...they flash at the right speed when I use the hazards.I have changed the flasher unit but there's no difference....any suggestions please??

Have you got the right size lamps fitted, they should all be rated at 21w each for the main indicators and I guess 5w for the repeaters, if you have the snazzy LED lamps fitted they may not pull sufficient current to get the right flash rate, this would explain why they seem correct on hazzards as you are basically doubling the current passing through the relay. If you have got LED lamps I believe you can buy a special relay that gives the right flash rate regardless of current flowing.

Hope this helps.

Tom Hayden

Have you got the right size lamps fitted, they should all be rated at 21w each for the main indicators and I guess 5w for the repeaters, if you have the snazzy LED lamps fitted they may not pull sufficient current to get the right flash rate, this would explain why they seem correct on hazzards as you are basically doubling the current passing through the relay. If you have got LED lamps I believe you can buy a special relay that gives the right flash rate regardless of current flowing.

Hope this helps.

Tom Hayden

Thank you for the info Tom, my lamps are the normal type so I will check to make sure that they are 21w & let you know the result soon!

Much appreciated Colin White

Hope this helps.

Tom Hayden

Thank you for the info Tom, my lamps are the normal type so I will check to make sure that they are 21w & let you know the result soon!

Much appreciated Colin White