Cycle Wing Stays

Guest phil_d

Guest phil_d

Does anyone have a spare set of wing stays suitable for an S7?

I have seen that someone has been selling them on ebay recently, but none listed at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140545478672

Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions of good suppliers. There seems to be alot of discussion on the forums about stays and some warnings about certain suppliers. A recommendation would be appriciated.

Guest phil_d

hi i bought the set on ebay he sells a few sets they fit very well maybe worth sending him a email

I sent him an email a couple of days ago, just waiting for a reply or looking for an alternative.

• 2 months later...
Guest phil_d

I sent him an email a couple of days ago, just waiting for a reply or looking for an alternative.

The wing stays being sold by the above on ebay don't fit the S7, does anyone have any suggestions. I made a set from some bits in the garage but they only lasted 50 miles!!!!! Need to buy a good set I think.

Guest phil_d

What suspension do you have on the front? IF sierra, then I bought mine from GBS. Once they are properly welded around the mushroom they are great :good:

Yes I have Sierra parts. Are they the ones shown on their website for the zero?

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=16&product=4968&catsub=0

I was not sure if they would fit as the ones I had fitted connected to the bottom ball joint.

These look expensive at £99 inc vat sure they were only £50 the last time I looked.

Guest AdrianH

I have a Haynes Roadster, but before I made my own uprights I bought and tried some from MK and bought some of the RH zero type. The later is the type you weld around the top mushroom strut I think. They do not have the centre section fitted!

Anyway both sets are surplus in the garage, if you wanted to try them out you would have to collect. Say £30 for each set if interested.

If you are interested then let me know and tomorrow night I will try and post some pictures.

Adrian

Guest phil_d

I have a Haynes Roadster, but before I made my own uprights I bought and tried some from MK and bought some of the RH zero type. The later is the type you weld around the top mushroom strut I think. They do not have the centre section fitted!

Anyway both sets are surplus in the garage, if you wanted to try them out you would have to collect. Say £30 for each set if interested.

If you are interested then let me know and tomorrow night I will try and post some pictures.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, I am interested and if you could take some pictures that woulds be great.

Guest phil_d

If you want to make your own, I can take a few pictures & give the S.P for the ones I made for Florin; done 7000miles so far,so good.

Any details will be appreciated, if I can't buy some then I will have a go at making some.

Guest robinj66

This is the cycle wing mount I have fitted. It is a piece of bar fitted to a mount that goes over the whole mushroom. Then pipes with a bend go over each are to support the wing. It all needs welding onto the mushrooom before it will stay put :good:

post-1574-0-11774700-1314910531_thumb.jpg