So Whats The Latest Style Points

Guest woolly

Guest Alex Spratt

Jess, you weren't last mate.... somebody was 43rd. xx

That was my dad!!!! competitor number 4 and i was number 41.

In his defence the engine is as it came out the sierra and the zimmers are absolutely knackered, i was like tigger on the way home, bouncing all over the place!! already been looking for a solution to these issues.

Anyway still had a great day and if free will be booking again next year, thank you John Walton, Bill Brown and all the others who made it possible.

Al

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alfaGTA

32nd place........ MK INDY, 2 litre pinto, DFTH downdraught carb, megajolt lite, unknown cam and three wheels pointing in the same direction atleast =@ =@

Guest SEgan

22, Sean Egan 2B 2Ltr Pinto 38DGAS Standard CAM

Firstly thanks to all those involved with organisation and marshalling, a great day out.

My car ran like a dream only let down by me, however, unless I hear otherwise I would like to claim the fastest run on Zimmers, now on their third track day :p

#26, 2B with bog standard EFI.

An excellent day, just wish i had done a few more practice laps before the timed runs without a passenger!

22, Sean Egan 2B 2Ltr Pinto 38DGAS Standard CAM

Firstly thanks to all those involved with organisation and marshalling, a great day out.

My car ran like a dream only let down by me, however, unless I hear otherwise I would like to claim the fastest run on Zimmers, now on their third track day :p

Sorry Sean, I am having that one, zimmers on their 4th Barkston came in at 23rd.

That improved my day, just got to pluck up the courage to remove the covers & inspect the damage on my 3 cylinder motor.

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Guest jasonmorris

I just want to say a big well done to all those people in supposedly older and slower hoods. Just goes to show that good lap times is not just down to the car but hugely depends on the ability of the person sitting behind the wheel. My zero is far better than my abilities and I can't wait until next year to see if I can beat some of these supposedly older and slower Hoods. Well done everybody, a great day for everyone me thinks :-).

Jason

Guest MarkB

32nd place........ MK INDY, 2 litre pinto, DFTH downdraught carb, megajolt lite, unknown cam and three wheels pointing in the same direction atleast =@ =@

oooh ooohh ooooh do tell,what did you do mate?? :search: :search:

Guest alfaGTA

Mark i'm wearing the cotton overalls i bought for Barkston so i'll be ready to take the impending flaming and i'll take some of the heat off you and your wheel incident :friends: I foolishly thought my indy loaded with camping gear going home from newark last week could make a turn at 10 or 15mph above the normal speed, i (with the help of a kerb) succesfully managed to park it on a lawn :clapping: unfortunately the kerb has bent a wishbone/chassis leg leaving a positive camber on a rear wheel.......... At least it stayed on though so not as bad as your mishap :angel:

Guest MarkB

Mark i'm wearing the cotton overalls i bought for Barkston so i'll be ready to take the impending flaming and i'll take some of the heat off you and your wheel incident :friends: I foolishly thought my indy loaded with camping gear going home from newark last week could make a turn at 10 or 15mph above the normal speed, i (with the help of a kerb) succesfully managed to park it on a lawn :clapping: unfortunately the kerb has bent a wishbone/chassis leg leaving a positive camber on a rear wheel.......... At least it stayed on though so not as bad as your mishap :angel:

first a question.... are you ok?

Second... as Shaft would say..... You TIT :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously tho... is the damage bad.... MK repairable or home repairable?

Guest zoomzoom

car 6 (finished 10 } zero with 2.0 blacktop on homemade throttle bodies and not mapped fully yet.

ohh also kuhmo v70 track day tyres {available from good tyre stockists....)

marcus

Guest old_timbo

Tim Clarke 2B 2.0 Injection Pinto 135bhp ish - Driver failed to wake-up until after the timed runs, then went about 3 secs faster! (excuse number 9a):sorry:

Les Welsher 2B 2.0 DOHC Front brakes locking up on left wheel

Now looking for a LSD, a longer first/second gearbox, sticky tyres, couldn't get the power down from the start just spinning up the rear wheels, and sort the brakes out.

Les