So Whats The Latest Style Points

Guest woolly

Guest RichardO

Richard Ogden S7 2.0 pinto Twin Webers, fast road cam (allegedly), Rubbish Cortina front end and clam shell wings.

I'll add this for Adam Greenwood

Rover Mini 1390(ish) engine, his excuse will be the standard gear box isn't very good.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, Nigel Thurstan ST170 2.0L (zetec with VVT) + omex in New 3 chassis (stainless monocoque).

Bob Tucker has 2B with tuned Vaux XE 2.0L.

Paul Carpenter has ST170 2.0L + omex in narrow bodied Westie.

John Walton was bringing a 1.3 crossflow Mallock out of mothballs, bit by bit. (Running on nitro, gunpowder, duck tape and prayer.)

Richard Hanks and Pete Spillar were in Westy Magablade.

The Huxtables have an MK indy. No idea what engine.

Matt Wingrave in the MEV Rocket.

James Warner in the R4.

I thought grip levels on the track were quite low after the overnight monsoon.

Running anti clockwise was a bit challenging but took away a bit of the unfair advantage that drivers who have done the track before have over newbies.

Three chicanes also knocked the speeds down a good bit.

I had a great day even tho Bob has crept ahead in the ongoing battle of the old farts. Only 13 thousandths. Next year Bob!

Thanks to Bill Brown and the RAFMSA team for running the event and John for organising it.

And for anyone feeling a bit cocky a 2.0L Caterham was doing 54 secs on Sunday albeit on slicks and he drove it to Barkstone and shared the car with his GF/Partner/Wife/Female companion.

Nigel

Add me to the list :-

Steve Foster, car 7

2B 2L Pinto, standard cam

Front end brilliant on Old Timbo's wishbone conversion, shame about the back end !!

Did manage to execute a very nice 360 with my mate sitting there as passenger when the grass got a bit too close to my sliding rear.

Brilliant day once I'd got used to going round backwards - looking at my times I would probably have been better reversing round, at least the track would have looked right.

Thanks again to John, Steve

Come on chaps, lets get this filled in! :drinks:

trackday.jpg

Just to clarify the lack of cylinders was 5 miles out from home, lack of ability was the reason for a poor showing for car 14/114, twice as much power as last year but the same knob on the steering wheel, couldn't get the hang of the first corner.

Sonny Elsden was driving a Pug 106 Rallye with all the bells & whistles we have been trying to catch him for years, I won't invite him next year which should improve our chances.

Great day out and can't wait to try again whatever times we get.

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Cheers for the update Nigel,now my time is looking even better!! (No29, 16th overall)

:diablo: Only 2 Zero's and a 2B with Red top engine in front of me (from the RH/GBS line up)....

The old slidding pillars ain't so bad after all.....

Well pleased with the results from the engine rebuild a few months back, engine now pulling like a train...

Can't wait until next year, hopefully have a different car under me with a more conventional set-up... :friends:

Guest dinger

Now I have internet up and running I'll add mine,

Dave Bell, car number 25,

Zero with ST170 engine, only done 1 practice lap due to intermittant fuel pump issue and could do with some stickier tyres.

Was a good day so thanks to all, I'm amazed I even stopped at the finish line as I'm used to doing atleast 20 laps round and round,

Was a bit wierd going that hard on cold tyres and brakes.

Dave