What's In A Name?

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

What is the reasoning behind your profile name? Some are obviously first names, like mine but then followed by my old shoulder number from when I was in the Met, but some are way out there, and got me wondering what the stories could be?

So, if you care to share, please state the reason behind your profile name. I'm sure some will be hilarious :rofl: and perhaps we'll all feel a little bit closer to one and other afterwards.............Nah, we just want to pi55 take!

Who's first?

Guest neal@cmtelecom.info

Quite simple really last name is Manley have been called Manners for most of my life by friends.

and this is my Xbox gamer tag.

Well, there are not many that know the story behind mine, as seeing as it is somewhat strange, i might as well spill the gory (and somewhat long) details.

It harks back to when i was at college doing my A-levels. The internet was a new fangled technology, and i needed a nickname! :help:

I took the bus to/from college each day, with a 10 minute walk either end. I was on my way to catch the bus home and part of the route followed a passageway around the back of some houses for a few hundred yards. As i was wandering along listening to my minidisc (the height of cool at the time) i came up behind a young woman and her child walking slowly. With it being a narrow passageway and only a short distance to the end of the path, i thought i would just slow the pace and wait for the pair to exit the passageway.

Now, it was at precisely this point when i scuffed my foot on the uneven tarmac. The woman turned around in surprise, took one look at me, picked up her kid and ran like the clappers to the end of the path and off up the road. :unknw: :blink: :ph34r:

This left me a little perplexed and probably a little sensitive! :vava:

I can't be that ugly surely? :crazy: :cray:

That evening, i told my Dad the day's events. He remarked that perhaps she thought it was the grim reaper after her (or rather the grim Creeper).

And so it was that my username on various sites became 'thegrimcreeper', which got shortened to 'Grim' when i signed up here.

Guest emmab

My user name came from a rather boozey night at stoneleigh, and a lot of p155 taking about my cat and his like for tuna. :help: I might add I didn't pick my user name my husband did :blush: :blush:

Guest john wilkins

Once upon a time I owned a Mini-Cooper with a quickly detachable bonnet (Remove bonnet, no chance of scalping via the bonnet catch). Working on car in the drive, removed bonnet from car and put it on front lawn out of harms way. Wife comes out of house, gets in her car, starts up and reverses across corner of lawn and across the middle of my Mini Cooper bonnet before driving off into the distance. Hence the username.

Bentbonnet

Not very exciting but sssline came from my daughter, when she was quite young we bought an Audi A4 S-Line, which she pronounced with a lengthy Ssss-line, used it on one forum and its kind of stuck with me ever since.

Cheers

Tony.R

In the early days of the internet and email, having your own domain name for say malcolm@etc was too expensive so I wanted a "handle" for @whoever.I.needed.to.use.at.the.time. The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy was quite new to the world at the time and the Guide at the centre of the story was published by the entirely fictional Megadodo Publications!