Hi All

Guest steve w

Guest steve w

Hi all,

just bought my first kit car, it is a 2002 robin hood 2b, it is based on a sierra 1.8 pinto, I pick it up on friday (looks like I have missed the nice weather!!!)

I went to newark show for a look at the kit cars as i was unsure and really liked the look of the robin hoods but i was also impressed with the turn out of hoodys and the club looked like it was run well and had a good following, well i have done it now anyway, i have also just paid for membership as i would like to get involved over time, i live in stockport so will have to look for the nearest meet

great site by the way, very helpful and looks like good fun

steve

Guest ickle

You will love it mate the club is very helpful and friendly.

I bought my hood after last years Newark and never looked back.

All the best

Stu

Guest motokustom

Welcome.... enjoy your car they are seriously addictive!!!... you will know what I mean as you cruise the goody pages of parts suppliers :)

Guest jasonmorris

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the club mate. Just remember the only daft question is the one you dint ask lol.

You'll love your kit car. Enjoy driving it and take your time on the first few runs out to get used to the handling.

See you soon at one of the shows.

Rgds,

Jason

Guest steve w

thanks guys, the car arrived this afternoon and would you believe as soon as the lowloader pulled up the heavens opened for about three hours, sun came out for an hour before so I whipped the cover off, fitted the new tax dics and took it for soom fuel, your right I think it will take a bit of time to get used too but i can also see what you mean about them being addictive too

does everyone always stop and stare at you when your in it!!!!!

the car has quite a few squeaks and rattles, is that par for the course on a kit car, it has also done no miles in the last 12 to 18 months so that might not help

steve

Guest jasonmorris

Steve, you may find that the car is in need of a little TLC in the form of fresh Polyeurathane bushes all round or maybe the springs are too hard or in need of replacement. Depending on the age of the vehicle it may well be that squeaks and rattles are par for course but I'm sure that a little investment of time and money will be able to sort them.

You will quickly learn that Kit cars are never really finished and even when you get the car running absolutely perfect, you will want to keep making modifications of your own. It is part of the addiction that is the wonderful world of all things Hoody lol.

Regards,

Jason

p.s. Yes people always stop and stare. I pulled into a service station yesterday and some people wanted photos of the car.