Inherited A Part Finished 2b

Guest lizwilson

Guest lizwilson

This is a desparate plea for help! My father died two months ago and had barely started his 2B. It has been untouched for years after buying it in 2000. We have some donor parts but I fear that they will be seized up. My mum wants rid. Should we sell it for parts or as a whole? Where is best place to advertise? Should we just sell the kit car part and get rid of donor parts?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Liz

Guest Ratcatcher3D

If you are wanting rid ASAP I would sell it all in one sale saves you holding on to parts you cant sell later on, ebay is quick and simple (providing you dont get a time waster) and you can have a look what other part built 2B's are going for.

Edited by Ratcatcher3D

Hi Liz. Sorry to read your story. Your Dad must have been a good guy to want to make a silly car like ours. My condolences.

To help get an idea of what you have in the garage a few digital photos of all the bits including the chassis would be useful. Then you could shrink them in size and post them here or email them to a member who could do so. Then the community could give you an idea of what Dad had tucked away and advise further on the best way to pass it on to another enthusiast and give a rough idea of prices of the bits if you decide its best to sell piecemeal.

I would do the posting if you wish. Will send you my email so you can attach pics and I can post them up.

Nigel

Guest The Modfather

Hi Liz.

I echo Longboarder's condolences.

Another possibility is to contact via private message either the area secretary for your part of the country, or another "local to you" RHOCaR member to pop over and see what there is, and advise on price accordingly.

I would like to think that the guys on here will help in whatever they can, and will point you in the right direction regarding what the values should be when you do come to advertise it. Likewise we would like to think that although your dad god bless may not have been a RHOCaR member(?), he was nonetheless a Robin Hood owner/builder, and part of us.

To do you right is what I believe we owe your father.

Daz

Guest lizwilson

Thanks everyone for all your kind words about Dad. He would have loved to have finished it, but nevermind. We have spent the weekend catalogueing all the bits and I will get the photos posted and would welcome any comments/help!!!

I have heard from Liz and she has sent pics of all the bits/boxes/bags and loose items. Looks like a sliding pillar rolling chassis with 205 block pinto and type 9 box. Her Dad seems to have been a methodical builder who has collected most bits needed for the build, including salvaging all the likely bits from a sierra donor. All the drive train (assuming the diff is in the rolling chassis) including prop and engine ancillaries. Cortina rad. Steering column. Inlet+DFTH carb & Exhaust. Donor loom. All electrics/lights, ?ESC11. Screen. 14" Alloys and Avon tyres. Stainless panels and red plastics which all look good. Harnesses. Recaros. I have asked about hood and screens. There are more boxes of donor parts I haven't pictured and a couple more panels. Donor pedals.

My feeling is that this is a pretty complete kit and donor package and best choice would be to sell as a package, not split.

Open for comments, advice.

Nigel

post-21-0-88320500-1310948872_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-85125900-1310948891_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-68633100-1310948925_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-19449600-1310948940_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-29132100-1310948969_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-12967500-1310948996_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-28428200-1310949010_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-28400900-1310949022_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-43664300-1310949158_thumb.jpg

Guest jb7x57

there has been a few part builds on ebay one was a sliding pillar model starting price £900 was 3/4 built but no bids, i think lizs may be better as you can start yourself from the begining, Item number: 230645601675 Item number: 270781030978

Edited by jb7x57