2b For Sale

Guest chris brown

Guest chris brown

Well as lots of you know I have been trying to sell my car sort of half heartedly at the last couple of shows. So here goes again:-

Robin Hood 2B plus 2002

SVA Oct 2002 so correctly registered in V5

Taxed and tested till Feb 2012

Stainless steel chassis

Stainless steel panels with blue plastic

2 ltr Pinto EFI with lowered plenum (to keep it under the bonnet)

Fixed scuttle and nosecone with centre hinged bonnet

LSD (3.62 to 1) with rear discs

4 into 1 exhaust feeding into Wonoff repackable silencer

Sidescreens and Surrey top which does need replacing

acrylic ears for those hot days when you don't want the sidescreen on

The car may not be the best there is around but is about the most reliable. I have used it for the Le Mans run 8 years as well as many RHOCaR weekends away as well as my main commuter car all year round when I was working (except when it was really persisting down)

There are a few bits and pieces which I will put in as well i.e. 4 into 1 exhaust, a pair of top ball joints with thin nuts (new) plus a few more bits.

Asking £3500 ono which is about the price of a kit and with this you don't have to jump through the IVA hoops

• 2 months later...
Guest chris brown

Well all the shows are over and its still here, the good thing is I have had several good runs out in it. As others have said I suspect the present financial problems have put a stop to lots of peoples hobbies.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chris brown

Well I have just done 1000 miles in the last week on the Le Mons trip without it missing a beat and not using any oil. If it doesn’t sell before I will be at Donnington so if you are thinking of getting a 2B (or any thing else for that matter come along and try it before making up your mind) as I said before this is probably the most reliable car I have owned including tin tops

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chris brown

post-746-0-72503700-1359898075_thumb.jpg

I'ts going

Well now I have withdrawal symptoms it's gone. But that doesn’t mean you have seen the last of me I am still a member and will be at the shows and at some of the other meets