Iva Insurance?

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Ok so with IVA looming on friday :shok: and being able to drive the car there and all that.

What happens about insurance for driving the car there?? How do i go about this? is there sumone out there that will insure an unregistered car for a day??

I do have a third party extension on my tin top but have a sneaking suspicion that this wont be enough.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Joe

You will have to get it insured using the chassis number you have stamped on to the chassis. I suspect all the better kit insurers will be used to this practice and can arrange short period cover for you.

The third party only extension on your tin top policy only covers you to drive a car not belonging to you, on a third party only basis, so you can't use that.

Good luck with the IVA.good.gif

Guest motokustom

Hi I have my SVA tomorrow and I insured with Frank Pickles using the last 8 digits of my VIN number (so it has the same number as prefix on plate). To be honest I paid £105 fully comp so just did it for the year. Even though I may fail and it be stuck waiting to be repaired prior to retest I am safe in the knowledge the car is properly insured. After all just sitting on the driveway or in the garage still leaves your several thousands of hard invested time and money at any number of perils? I would rather bin half a year so £60 then find myself not insured! I too will drive my car in the morning. I am going early so as to "shake down" the car and bed the brakes in etc. This way any adjustments can be made prior to the test in ample time, good luck! Regards Dave

Guest jaybeee

I would check with the insurance company as I got insured on my chassis no. but the company I used cancelled the policy after 6 weeks or so because I couldn't supply them with reg no. as car failed IVA!

Good luck to you both I have my retest on 10th August!!