My Trip To Bogg Brothers

steve_wilson

No way a RH is as fast as an exige...I used to own one I know. With the 2b its power to weight ratio, and take it on a track its as quick as the drivers ability...within reason.

My mate has an exige s and when it was in standard trim they were about the same as the power to weight was the same, once he tuned the exige to 280bhp then no as he had 50hp more and it really flys.

I just had a go with the gear calculator, interesting. I worked out from my cruising speed/revs (65mph@3000rpm), my rolling road print out (75mph@6000rpm in 3rd) and the standard type 9 ratios with 195/50/15s, that I have a 3.92 ratio diff. Which is nice… It doesn’t matter who has a bit more power to weight, someone will always have more (OK, someone will have the highest HP/kg, but it won’t be a Hoody), it’s how your car makes you feel- my 2B makes me feel good! Bri

Guest T6 KFR

I just had a go with the gear calculator, interesting. I worked out from my cruising speed/revs (65mph@3000rpm), my rolling road print out (75mph@6000rpm in 3rd) and the standard type 9 ratios with 195/50/15s, that I have a 3.92 ratio diff. Which is nice… It doesn’t matter who has a bit more power to weight, someone will always have more (OK, someone will have the highest HP/kg, but it won’t be a Hoody), it’s how your car makes you feel- my 2B makes me feel good! Bri

good response - but something i am always trying to determine is that the framework / chassis cannot be much heavier than say an early Tiger with a pinto or zetec, so other than the engine what else makes the RH's slower to the point people talk about them generally being slow?!?!

:unknw:

Guest mower man

The answer is in many parts, 1not every body tunes their engine in fact some do not tune at all and power outputs will often be below 100 hp 2 weight is a debateable subject if you are happy with fi glass seats,no carpet , minimal trim etc its suprising how much weight you can loose that is why catering vans are quick 3 if power out put is at the top end of the rpm scale you really have to thrash the nuts of the thing to get the big figures.4 gearing has a lot of influence,if you want top speed or economy a tall diff is needed 5 aero dynamics ,a seven on cycle wings and an aero screen will be considerably faster than the same spec car with swept wings and a full screen rummage through the above and the light may come on , other points are numerous the size of your underpinings and also of your pocket . my mono car in touring trim weighs in at 804 kilo's you can get a serious track day/ race catering van down to under 400kilosbig difference que? mower man :good:

All part of the old Anti RH prejudice from way back. There was a time when they had poorer chassis, suspension and were generally pinto engined and cheap. People with more expensive seven type cars sneered to make themselves feel better as they had paid more, much more in some cases for an increase in performance of a few percent. Like the skoda jokes they take years to die away. These days there are many Hoods, even older ones like mine or those with red tops zetecs cosworths in that are faster than a large percentage of the other seven types. The performance difference is minimal. And as for Tiger, you're kidding, right?

Nigel