2b Chasis

Guest Kennedy48

Guest Kennedy48

Anyone else with a 2b have trouble driving it. After driving the car a few times to vosa and to garages to get work done I feel very uncomfortable driving the car. The chasis tubes that go through the centre column and up behind the dash seem to ne in the way of my legs. Every time I try and push the clutch down it's bit awkward. Anybody else had/has this problem. And what have you done about it.

The seat is fixed at the moment but with the runners on it is slightly better when I put seat back but not great.

The zero doesn't have this bit in. So no problem for them.

Cheers

luke

Guest MarkB

Mine is very uncomfy for the left leg, but I am a short a**e, so its either that or I can't press the clutch, although when I get chance I will move the pedal box forward

Mines reasonably comfy unless on a long run. No problem with old seats though, except my head was too high. I mounted my steering wheel quite high, and I can either stretch my leg out under clutch pedal or rest it against dash upright.

Nick

Guest peter2b2002

no problem with my 2B, got cobra monaco seats in it with the front raised up by 1 1/2", on long runs I put my left foot either under the clutch peddle or raise my knee up with my foot on the cross tube, done the Le Mans trip 3 times without any problems, even though i'm 5'11" I still look through the top 1/2 of the screen

peter2b

I'm 6'1" & have no problems with mine - like Peter2b I tuck my left foot under the clutch pedal on long runs.

I'm not sure whats getting in the way of your legs, when I press the clutch to the floor my left leg is virtually straight, and with the pedal fully up my knee misses the wheel with enough room to get my hand in between.

Is the problem with the position of your steering wheel ? Originally mine was quite close to the dash and when I'd got the seat in the right place for my legs I couldn't reach it !! With the seat forward to reach the wheel my knees were hitting it. I moved the steering wheel back (away from the dash) by a couple of inches and problem solved.

................. just wondering now .......... was the car was wrong or maybe I'm the wrong shape ???

Steve

Hi,

i'm also 6'1 and have no trouble in my 2b. I'm using the original sierra seats without the runners and are plenty low enough, my head is a good 6+ inches below the roll bar and i'm looking through the screen not over it.

again i just put my foot under the clutch on a long trip or pull my leg back and have my knee up next to the steering wheel with my foot flat on the floor if you get what i mean. So you can get the idea that i don't have trouble drawing my leg back past the inside tubes etc.

Again this may be to do with the steering wheel positioning. Mine is pulled back away from the dash a decent amount and is reasonably high (not so much that it sticks up that much past the scuttle line). I made my own dash panel though so i cut the notch for the steering column myself where i wanted it.

Can you cut away the dash a little or is it already inline with the tubes?

What size steering wheel are you using? Mine is the mountney that came with the kit which i think is 11inch.

Guest bluelewis

Im also 6'1 and the inside tubes are in my way im going to have to raise the steering wheel a couple of inches i think and it already has a mountney steering wheel, my seat is on runners but the seat is a very laid back one so im going to raise the rear part to allow seat to push back further and i hope this will do,Dont suppose anyone knows how high steering wheel can be above scuttle?

bryan

Guest Tweedy

I'm 6'2"and don't have this problem but I have fixed a vertical strip of wood to the tunnel ahead of the clutch pedal.I can then rest my left foot on this which relaxes that leg.

Guest Kennedy48

My legs are alright when clutch is pressed down. My legs are straight. It's coming off the clutch and bring your leg towards you to release. I had to het a collapsable steering boss so I changed my tradition mountney to the suede ones from gbs. I got a small one think it's 280mm that's just a guess I forget. The plan for after iva is to raise the steering wheel. Have to cut a bigger groove in the dash nut now just thinking about those cross tubes, they cut be in the way. Also what did you do to bring the steering wheel towards you. What part did you extend.

Il take a picture of the inside of my car with my leg up against the tubes. See what you guys think