Curborough Event

Guest alan rowe

Guest Tim Norman

Yes, this is fine, the more the merrier :D But why not try and modify the noise a little for one day and join the rest on the track. Tim has to play a little with Bob's bits.......not unusual for him :huh: and he makes the car quieter. You'll have to ask him how, but right now his sorting donor bits for the new Bob :wacko:

SUE (not Tim)

Guest alan rowe

If you heard it Sue (and hopefully you will) you wouldn't want to!!!!!!!!!

Alan

as long as it's not likely to be wet on the day (I've not got a roof) I'll be there

Guest rizla
:lol: the check and form are on their way,mind you it did ask for a reg number and as of yet i dont know what the reg will be of the rs ***** ***** oops nearly gave it away :p

Guest Steve Allen

Hope you dont mind me asking but were is Curborough !

Looked on my map and it is not listed

Steve.

Ps Would love to get on the track but 2 weeks to go too the SVA, So getting a bit tight on time but hope to be there to see how it's done.

Guest Tim Norman

Curborough is on 31st July. Anyone can come and watch, at their own risk obviously :D But why aren't you still a member? Lots of old friends will be there I'm sure and they will twist your arm to rejoin so have a good excuse ready :p :lol: Curborugh is off the A38 near Lichfield. I've been twice but will still struggle to find it and I can't usually keep up with Tim when he's in Bob! :lol: :wub: Going from Notts I know we go South down the A38 and turn off on a little slip road left after the sign for Lichfield but we are on a loop that takes us right. :wacko: See what I meen. As a girlie I'm good at following maps and one will be sent a bit nearer the time. Hope you get the car ready but my list is now at 10 so only 25 places to go :( We had lots of post today and I think there might be a few more tomorrow :blink: :)

SUE xxxx

Guest rizla

:o 10 in already,i hope im one of them as i posted the form/check yesterday :)

ps will we be sent any confermation that we are in the line up or will the line up be posted on the site :wub:

We welcome all spectators current or ex members. Just as a matter of interest why are you an ex? :boohoo:

Oh nothing serious, we've still got the Hood but the rallying has taken up most of my time and along with working away all week I never made any of the social events whatsoever. Can I say I "took a sabatical" :D ?!

The Hood is still waiting for the tail end of it's engine transplant to be completed (the worlds longest project, as usual) - just passenger compartment wiring and an exhaust to make up. But it won't be done by July, for sure, as I've got a house move to look forward to.

Oh, and for those that asked :- http://www.curborough.co.uk

Happily come along and help out organise if need be - member of Shenstone & District Car Club and regular hirer of the track for testing the rally car once a year, so can bring some gubbins along (marquee, generator, etc) if the club's interested...? Then again I guess you've got most of that stuff still :D

Last two years I brought along "something different" for the rest of you boys to p1$$ all over and do the "my car cost peanuts and was still faster" thing... which, being an owner myself I was quite happy to take :) keeps everything in perspective, doesn't it!

Laters chaps,

Dan

Oh, the noise level thing is as a result of local complaints (or, more specifically, complaint - I believe) a year or so ago which meant the club, SDCC, had to knuckle down on noise. 105dB is, I hasten to add, bloody loud so any road car breaking that is madness... but ofcourse I know what these Hoodz are like ;)

But it's quite normal for a noise scrutineer to be present during the day to test, so don't think it won't be checked - it will :(

Bloody spoilsports, I 'ate this country at times! Curborough has been there for the best part of 30 years so how someone moves into the area without knowing about it, then manages to successfully complain is beyond me. If you don't like a bit of engine noise, don't move within a couple of miles of a race track, you nonce!

I'll get off my soap box now... ahem... :D