Nat West Bank

Guest gdc

just a few details about my probs ,]

i run a plumbing and heating buisness, i am regestered to be legit . ie i am gas safe regesterd my bank is nat west , i have an unapproved overdraft of 50k, i have discuscesd this with the bank .i have asked to have the

overdraft converteted to a loan , i requested this in jan this year . i have been refused a loan, but they are happy to recieve payments on the overdraft as it pays them more money . but wont convert the loan i have sold my house, to repay the loan .i am still looking for a property to suit me.

i have been in buisness for 30 years and i cant get credit, what chance do new buinsesses have.

Guest ethanicus

Did you ask for a secured loan against physical assets? 50k on a unsucured loan is massive risk for any lender.

Do you have bad personal credit? Natwest are normal very good for medium to high risk businesses.

unfortunatly due to the state some banks got into over lending money to people who couldn't or wouldn't repay loans/mortgages, they now have tighter guidelines in which they can lend money. this in turn makes it hard for anybody to borrow money. Any agreement made before this will have to be honoured, it is probably more they can't convert it to a loan rather than won't.

been with nat west for over 30 years and they decided

they would not extend my cr4dit

cos it was better for them to take the unortherriseed extra fees for the,not agreede terms .

when this is sorted i will not be carriying on with them.

tossesrs

I had same problem on a smaller scale in the winter. needed a small overdraft from natwest to keep going for a month they said no ive been with them 20 yrs and run my account perfectly. going to wait till i have all my summer money banked then close the accounts and move else where

Guest woolly

i am not going to stick up for them cos they have droped the ball a few times with my account, just asked for a loan for capital equipment almost sounded like is that all you want is there anything else you need, so money is available not to keen on the rate though but getting other quotes and could be worse

going to down size the house , take the loss , cos there is no way out .

yea i am *bleep* off , over 30 years a customer , meens nothing .

on the up side work has picked up we are booked for about 6 weeks .

dont understand finance and banks , but i understand honesty .

and this ant it .

Guest peter2b2002

when I ran my own business as a sole trader with natwest ,I had a personal contact for the 1st 15 years all OK with him and no problem with an over draft then they changed my account manager to a female who hadn't a clue and screwed up my account then called in my over draft :diablo:

peter2b

Dad,

Honesty and loyalty these days mean diddly squit to the Natwest obviously.

2 traits, I think, that should be valued highly, especially these days.

Glad for you and Jen that things are moving with the house & business has picked up, but a bitter pill taking a loss.

Let the dust settle and vote with your feet.

Seaside Son

Dad

Keep your chin up and just work through it the time of the tradesman will come again the the bankers will be crying that there new boiler is 10,000 and 100 to hang a door why is it so much for a tradesman these days. Well thats cause you bankers screwed it all up but still got paid every month we have to make up for 3 years of cr*p that you gave to us

Dad

Keep your chin up and just work through it the time of the tradesman will come again the the bankers will be crying that there new boiler is 10,000 and 100 to hang a door why is it so much for a tradesman these days. Well thats cause you bankers screwed it all up but still got paid every month we have to make up for 3 years of cr*p that you gave to us

Here here :drinks: