Club Membership

philshelton

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ethanicus

Can I say again unless something has changed recently it's Mat's site, not the clubs. Perhaps before you all go putting restrictions up I think it would be polite to ask the owner. Or maybe ownership has changed.

Nigel

mmm. I thought it was just discussion on whether “the site” gives too much for £15 a year. Simply providing my views on it as you do in a forum. If those that can like them great, if they dont I'm sure I will still sleep well at night.

well said stewart for me it aint a case of the web site the hog or beer its why post on her saying I cant see what i get for my membership fee. My answer is always discount insurance, full web site access, list of local members, all the stuff that goes to the shows IE BBq Gazebos big top( soon to be replaced) Bunting Banners tea and coffee facility's. But most of all Friends.

sorry guys but you have lost me

i am out of here .

me gone .

buy.

Graham ........... You get pi""ed off and frustrated with politics from time to time but you can never leave because your a builder, a bodger, innovative, informative, helpful,

knowledgable and addicted................ so shush .

Nigel, brilliant piece of work.

It is down to members to activate themselves to get good club events and meetings. The Midlands is not a mecca for the car industry anymore, Just people that want things to happen.

People should join the club after a while as an act of common courtesy, if they dont... Then so be it..... It would make me feel very uncomfortable if I didnt.

Lets all be nice and do the decent thing.

I think that people looking and deciding should be allowed to do so.... That way they will know we are the best.

Andi

copy other forums ideas like:

limit website pm's to members only.

only allow members to see for sale posts for 3 days before non members can see them.

simple things that won't alienate people but will make people think about joining.

They are the exact changes that we need. The only reason I started this post is because I get fed up of seeing the "so what do i get for my money" of worse still the "I was a member but aint know nothing in it for me" well if there is nothing in it for you why are you still here?? .

"I was a member but aint now, nothing in it for me" well if there is nothing in it for you why are you still here??

Excellent point!

Sadly all part of modern society. If you can get something for free why bother to pay. If you don't get convicted you didn't do anything wrong.

Nigel

Guest sandy77uk

As i said, i joined as the site had helped me with my build and felt i should give something back

However with the way the site is, pretty much the membership fee is for food and booze at shows

Guest mower man

I've been a member since before I got my car and honestly it has been the best £105 I've spent ,info,bargains ,friends ,magazine etc .Why is it that new members seem to moan the loudest ,club doesn't do any thing for ME etc attitude. Like lots of other things you only get out what you put in !!If you think a trip to a venue or event would interest others , let every body know on here and if there is interest organise it ,if you think £15 quid a year is to much are you sure you can afford to run a 2nd ?car?the ins discount covers most if not all of it ,people like the guys who are area secs don't get paid they do the work for free . I have not in the last 7 years had any free beer or food, a few cups of tea/coffee for which i i bung acouple of quid in the box and will continue to do so as long as I'm a member.This is not a rant at any particular person or persons ,more and indication of my opinion of one of the best orgs I have been a member in many different pastimes . To the commitee and area secs keep up the good work :drinks: :good: :D :